W6R3 Snow stops play :0(

Well, I went out with the best of intentions and, after skidding halfway up the road, I decided to move today's run to the fields. Two minutes in and snow halfway up my shins, I decided to call it a day. One missed run has to be better than the risk of a twisted ankle or knee.

Who'd have thought 6 weeks ago that I'd be gutted to be spending the day on the couch, rather than out there exercising?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Defiantly a wise decision. Better a day of due to adverse weather conditions than weeks off due to injury. Hope conditions improve soon.

• I'm the same, last time I ran was Wednesday, the snow is awful here and I can't get out, debating whether to battle my way to the leisure centre and pay to use the gym, but don't want to get stuck..I'm struggling just to sit and chill! I want to run!

• I thought of driving to the gym (a good 5 miles away) but doubt I'd get the car back up the hill and a bit skippy to walk back up it

• Glad I'm not the only one to have decided to adjust to conditions today. i did 8 minutes (wk6run2) but then didn't fancy running on steeply cambered polished snow or the alternative of tussocky grass with deep snow.

I might go out tomorrow and try using the road instead (with maybe occasional breaks to hop onto the verge if cars come!) But safety comes first!

You may also like...