Fascinating

couchto5k.healthunlocked.co...

So I was reading the above post (instead of doing some work - this site is great for procrastinating). Needless to say I've never heard of any of this stuff before - age grading, etc.

Anyway, a few years back I did a Race For Life 5k with some friends. My friend and I trained for several months by doing about half the distance - the only time I ran the whole 5k was on the day itself, and it took me 40 minutes. At the time I was amazed that I'd done it, and I still am. Knowing that I did once run that far has helped to keep me going while doing C25K.

I was 35 at the time. Plugging the figures in to runningforfitness.org/calc/... gives an age grade of 37.4. So with a bit of trial and error, I have worked out that now, at 43, I might expect to do 5k in 41 mins 45 seconds. Which is interesting.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How did you work this out please? Sounds interesting!

• I went to runningforfitness.org/calc/... and put in what I did before - i.e 35 years old, 5k, 40 minutes. That gave me Age graded: 37.4%. Then I changed it to 43 years old and increased the time until I got the same age grading of 37.4%.

You may also like...