Ah, that's why I do this!

Run 1, wk7 or 25 minutes done and nearly didn't bother. Cold, raining and a Monday. Blah, blah, excuses I can find them. So off I went with a baseball cap on to keep the rain out... and good grief I really enjoyed it. I'm not saying it was easy, still tough but so much easier. For the first time I didn't think, 'I can't do this', rather 'oh this is OK actually.' I really think the sports massage has helped as well, only a bit of a numb foot for a few minutes and my legs feel stretchy if that makes sense. Even sprinted for the last minute, well speeded up! I shoved the baseball cap down the back of my tights and my hair was falling out, bright red face I looked a sight, but didn't care, it added to it. I was still breathing quite heavily towards the end, but I did it and am actually looking forward to the next one, Yippee!!! When i got back there was a builder who is working on someone's flat and he said, 'Been for a jog?' I just said, 'Yeah.' thinking at the same time 'jog? pah! I've just 'run' round the park, nearly 5k!!!

:) No snow yet, sure I'll go out in it...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's such a great feeling isn't it? Well done for getting this far. I think it can be a revelation realising that you can run for a good while and then get the reward of a fantastic buzz after. Enjoy the running! Tricia x

• Thanks Trish, yes I was bouncing around like Tigger for a few hours! I just read your graduation blog, congratulations and good luck with your next challenge/plan.

Susie :)

You may also like...