W1R2

Only an hour or so to go to my second run of week 1. First run went OK ish apart from picking up a pain to the right calf a bit like a steel rod being shoved down the back. Has eased significantly over the last 24+ hours and think I may have set off with too much speed on my initial run. Will slow things down a tad for this evenings plod but am looking forward to it.

Am now keeping stats on the various body areas and started off with a beer barrel belly of 115cm at the widest part. On checking this last night I was shocked to see 111cm and can only think that by doing some early walks and cutting back on the intake the xmas sugre has faded a tad. I am therefore recording other measurements such as chest, neck, arm , thigh etc to see if things are moving to other zones. Not checked the weight yet but may do after the W1R3 (assuming I get through W1R2 OK)

1st blog out... :)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, deviate. That's fantastic, noticing a difference in your waist already! Don't be worried if you don't lose weight straight away - lots of people don't lose any weight for a while (and indeed some actually gain a few pounds before starting to lose!). Good luck. :)

• And some of us don't lose so much as an ounce!! ;-) Never mind, toning up is what I'm aiming for as well as the obvious health benefits.

I wish I'd thought to take a few measurements before I started the programme, but I can see a difference with jeans hanging a little lower than before!

It's a good idea to run a lot slower than you feel you want to, certainly at the beginning, until you find your own comfortable pace as you progress.

• Survived run no.2 Right leg still sore but after effects not quite as painful as Monday. Looking forward to Fridays run No. 3 and hopfeully graduating from week 1. Programme certainly helping to keep me on track with achievable targets.. :-).

You may also like...