week 5 - good fun isn't it!

Well I was off work monday and left my kit at work so had to do week 5 run 1 yesterday and then run 2 today and loved it. Took a different route than normal, over London Bridge, ran past Boris' office and then back over the Thames. The progress I have made is amazing and during the second run I was able to pick up pace and really stride it out!

I feel rather proud of myself I don' mind saying, as we all should do when we do these runs!

Well done everybody!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • "Good fun isn't it"

....."pick up pace and really stride it out!"

With Week 5 to start on Saturday and petrified at the thought, I officially hate you!

Only messin'. Fair play PacMan.

• I loved week 5, I was so chuffed with doing the 20 mins non-stop- enjoy it, it's a good one! Your route sounds fab, it must be great going past all those landmarks.

• I work in Holborn and walk that route at lunchtime quite often, across the Millennium or Blackfriars Bridge then back over Hungerford or Westminster Bridge, depending on how far I want to do. This is how I started getting some exercise after I'd lost the weight and actually used to say to the colleague I walk with when a jogger would pass us "that'll be us soon". I was actually joking at the time but look at me now.

Therefore you may well have been one of those who inspired me, PacMan!

• Well done, I hope you shouted get a haircut as you passed.

Dale

You may also like...