In pain but smiling (o:

So i admit it i've been a lazy madam and between the excuses of weather, colds, lack of time and Christmas my lasy run was at the end of November!!! Day by day i got more and more nervous of how far back i'd have slipped until yesterday i couldn't take it anymore. I had no cold, the weather was warm & amazingly dry for the 1st time in ages so off i went.

I decided to be sensible and try to make 10-15 minutes as the effects of laziness, a holiday and far to much seasonal cheer have definately had an effect and id only been doing the odd 30 minutes here and there before i broke off. Anyway 10 minutes in i was feeling ok so on i went. 15 minutes came and went and to my surprise i didn't feel too bad so i carried on. By the time 25 minutes came round i was starting to feel my legs but i figured just one more minute however, from somewhere a little voice popped into my head....wouldn't it be great if i could still do 30 minutes!!!! All my common sense said don't be daft but it would appear i have a stubborn streak because to my utter amazement i did it..... the full 30 minutes.

I have to admit my legs ached last night and i may be walking a little strange this morning but it was so worth it. My legs will be fine tomorrow and i feel on top of the world. What a fab way to start a new year!!!

So to anyone else out there feeling the same as i did, just get back out there. Worrying wont help and you may well suprise yourself. As for anyone contemplating giving it a go. Go for it, i struggled through a minute less than 6 months ago and now i love it.

Thanks C25K you've changed my life

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think many of us are guilty about slacking off our running over the festive season! I know I'm certainly in this category. But sometimes we need that break to return with renewed vigour!

My last logged run was 2nd Dec so on New Years Eve I decided I needed to get back to it and I've run 3 times this week.

Louise

• Well done that's fab!

You may also like...