W8 R3 done!

Flippin' eck it's chilly out there!

On Sunday, when I did my 'whatthe-37min5.4k-howdthathappen?' run, it was about 8deg. Today it's -1. So, nothing extraordinary, just a steady 28min run but at a very slightly faster average pace.

Usually, I get so hot that it's gloves off after 10mins, jacket partly open by 20, sleeves up and jacket fully open by 25. Today, I barely broke into a sweat! Gloves still on and jacket still fully zipped until I got home. I did wonder if I would actually be able to finish as I've had a bone in me foot for the last couple of days and it started to act up after a few strides but luckily I managed to run it off - the pain that is....not the foot....

So, here I go into Week 9. confident that I can run for 30 mins and having broken the 5k barrier. Considering I had three runs in Wk 6 & 7 when I stopped, even though I managed to get going again and then ran the full non-stop time, I'm so chuffed.

Shiny green badge...you will be mine by Christmas!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I know what you mean, it is a little nippy :-(

• Great stuff, dottiemay! You're making great progress! :)

• As I go running alongside a river, this evening you can see the fog rising off the river and it's bloody nippy out there. Week 6 run 1 completed.

You may also like...