It is with sad regret

I started running back in April at the age of 46. Having never ran in my life before it was a great personal achievement when I graduated in July & even managed to participate in a 5k run.

I've kept up with it although only managing a 4k run 2/3 a week. These last 2 months though I have constant pain in my knees & legs & rely on painkillers on a daily basis. I've finally given in & listened to my hubby & daughter -they've advised me to pack it in. I honestly think I'm one of those people who just aren't meant to run. I can't go on with this pain any more. I have friends same age, 8-10 years older running 20 miles plus a week who don't get any pain. My sister had to give it up a few years ago so I guess it runs in our family (excuse the pun!)

So, I'll continue working out at the gym-cycling, rowing, I suppose the cross trainer will be ok.

Goodbye to all those who have taken the trouble to make comments on my blogs & questions & good luck to all those starting out.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...