Up Date

Hi all just a quick update to let you know what I have been up to. Not a lot, been a bit fragile, had a fall in town, :-( and bumped the car all in one week . :-( Went out for a run today mid morning, as the 7,oclocks runs where a bit too cold and foggy. I did 3K in 33mins, so was quite pleased , first run for 8 days. I have joined the local gym and going to try the treadmill, wish me luck . Pat :-)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You get weeks like that - just put it behind you, main thing is you're not hurt. Great you got out for a run and joined a gym - I joined one too last week, mixed feelings there but can't run atm with my wonky knee so need a cross-trainer which is actually quite a good substitute. I had a wee go on a treadmill too first visit just to see if I could do it, the trick I think is start out very gradually, and even more important, slow down very gradually too and then stand for a moment before you get off. I held on all the time but most people don't seem to, maybe with practise...

Wish you lots of warm inside treadmill runs - the disadvantages of running in the gym are obvious but here's a couple of advantages for you, apart from the no-weather - you get to observe loads of beautiful people (caught myself putting on make up this morning to go to the gym for goodness sake :-D ) - lots of interesting tattoos and fit young men too... :-)

• Well done with the run Pat and well done for joining the gym! Have fun! xox delia

• Oh what bad luck, glad you werent hurt and well done on getting back out there. I may end up back in the gym one evening this week as these dark nights are thwarting my good intentions to run after work mid week.

• Thanks all, I will let you know how I get on with the treadmill I have got my audio book ready . :-) . Been out for good walk this afternoon 4km in 46mins :-D Pat.

You may also like...