Nearly there! 4.77km today

I test drove the Audiofuel rollercoaster podcast today. It's pretty good actually, similar to the 5K+ "stamina" podcast but 5 minutes longer and with an aussie bloke telling you what to do instead of Laura. I think I'll mix this one up with "Stamina" and "Speed" for a few weeks, and start introducing some hills.

Anyway, I managed 4.77km in the 40 mins. Not much further to go. I run on a pretty treacherous towpath so I could probably do a 5km park run in 40 or so minutes. Thinking I might go for the St Albans one in the next couple of weeks.

My ankle was pretty uncomfortable this morning when I woke up. I put it down to my advanced age and strapped it up. If I didn't run any time I creak and groan in the morning I'd never run.

I always find the first 5 mins the most difficult. This morning my feet and ankle were telling me to stop. I told them to shut up and eventually they did. Maybe I should leave 2 rest days before my next run, as 40 mins is a lot for me. But that would mean I won't run again until Thursday due to work commitments. Hmm.

Unless I bite the bullet and do a lunchtime run in London. I know lots of people do but they're all young and fit without the wobbly bits. I'm not sure I want tourists gawping at my wobbly bits bouncing up and down as I shuffle past the Tower of London, shock absorber notwithstanding!

Decisions decisions. Anyway, this is turning into more of a stream-of-consciousness than a blog, so I'll sign off for now. Happy running!

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I like Speed and Stamina too, was mixing them with a run to my own music before knees stopped play. When I get back I'll work up to 30 minutes again and then increase speed, I was 5K in 35 before.

Might try the audiofuel one too - is the music like Laura's??? Now I've eventually got a clever phone I could download t to that - or can you put it on an ipod too?

Good luck anyway :-) - and I think 2 days between runs is a good thing sometimes when you're doing further/longer.

• Thanks Mitts! Yes the music is all familiar from the 5k+ podcasts.

You can download it to iPod. You can either do the dj mix, or organise the tracks in your own playlist. It's quite expensive that's the only thing.

You may also like...