Trying for a "fast " mile to see what that feels like!

Building a fast(er) mile into a run of about 3-4 miles was a tip given to me by Grammadog - and now that the shin is feeling better and I've already put my hill training in for this week, I thought it was about time to have a go.

I started out with a warm up mile, then started a fast 1, 2, 3, 4 count in my head and went for it. Of course a bit of an incline came along halfway into it and slowed me up a little, but I ploughed on. Saw the Garmin pop up the end of that mile and slowed down a bit; not a moment too soon because my lungs were threatening to implode completely, I'd developed a mild stitch (which I've not had since my first weeks in the C25K) and felt slightly sick. Obviously I'd been pushing it a little too hard up that incline!

Miles 3 and 4 were just maintenance to get the distance in towards home...then half a mile more to finish.

Very mild and drizzly out there; checked the scales before and after and had lost 1.6 pounds just in sweat!

connect.garmin.com/activity...

Long run on Sunday; and on we go.

CaroleC

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Dang it...I'm NEVER going to catch you at Loch Ness!

Good run, Carole....

You may also like...