OK, so a slightly late post - sorry! Had an extremely busy day yesterday, what with the grandparents visiting, a cake to make (not for me!), homework to do, an exam to revise for, TV to watch etc. etc. and have been out all day today at school/town.
Though I was due to do W3R3 on Saturay, I did it on Sunday instead for two reasons - one, my thigh was acting up again and two, I'm now changing my schedule. Monday, Wednesday and Saturday are now becoming Tuesday, Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday. This is because I am now going to Zumba classes on Wednesdays (excited or scared? no clue) and it allows me more flexibility over the weekend whilst still ensuring days' rest.
But, onto the subject of my actual run yesterday. I decided after my godawful session on Wednesday to try taking the speed down a bit, so I could still do the same time without risking collapsing - and boy, did it work! It maybe a mixture of things, from improving fitness to more sleep, but taking the treadmill speed from 9.6kmph to 9.2kmph really did seem to make all the difference! I was still pushing myself, and was still exhausted at the end, but felt drained without feeling like I was going to throw up. So that's my new plan - focus on realistic endurance for now, work on speed later. If I have to finish the podcasts at a slow-to-medium pace and THEN take the speed up, that's what I'll do.
Still, I have NO IDEA how I'm suppossed to go 5 minutes tomorrow!!
Over and out.