I must be mad!!!

After having to stop W2 last week because of a chest infection I went out today to try again. I also decided that I would run outside so if I did end up having a coughing fit I could hang on to a tree rather than collapse on the treadmill. There was a slight drizzle but heck I am made of strong stuff!!! Anyway the drizzle turned into a downpour but I kept going and thought of the hot shower I would have on my return home (hopefully avoiding pneumonia obviously). Anyway, after the first run segment I knew I could do this. By the end of the third segment I could hear the bleating sheep another blogger on this site mentioned . I only just made it to the end of the fifth run and had to slow to a walk at the final one. But, and it is a big but, I felt so pleased that I had achieved what I did today. However, I think I might use the treadmill for W2R2 on Wednesday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You are made of strong stuff PeaBea! I much prefer running outside, the scenery distracts from the pain :-) well done you

• I agree about running outside - plus it seems to go faster.

• Well done PeaBea on not giving up cos of the rain! Just hope your chest is ok.......

Yes I much prefer running outside too, it does go quicker thats for sure! Good luck for Wednesday.

Sue

You may also like...