River run - done

River run - done

This morning I set out on my second attempt to run along the river Thames. I also decided to try out my Lidl running trousers and run with my waist bag for the first time as preparation for some running in Pembrokeshire next week.

I packed hat, gloves, a flask of coffee and the 2 water bottles (total weight 5 pounds) into my bag and cycled down to the river. I certainly felt the benefit of my trousers as it was bitter whizzing down the road.

I made sure my bag was tight and fitting comfortably and set off, keeping the big-watery-thing to my left.

The going was soft, the Thames path between Radcot and Buckland appears to be mainly maintained by cows, so my pace was pretty pedestrian, but I managed to reach the charmingly named and newly re-furbished Tadpole bridge (see picture) in 40 minutes with a distance of 3.51 miles.

After a brief interlude to take a picture and drink some water I set off on the return journey. I soon racked up 4, 5, then 6 miles. By now my thighs were starting to protest, but I was very much on the home stretch and I managed 7.08 miles in 1:25:07, my longest distance yet!

I had a quick drink and headed for home, result 1151 calories for the run and 225 for the bike ride,.

Shame that I have just got back from the pub :-( Apologies for any typos

Matt

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds like a very enjoyable and successful run - i think you deserved a visit to the pub !

• Sounds well worth a pub visit :) Haven't been to tadpole bridge for years, it certainly looks better than it did

You may also like...