My worst/best run so far. W6 R3

So today did not start off well, my two alarm clocks decided to have a sleep in (a two year old little boy and a six month old baby girl) which resulted in me rushing around like a loon so that I could complete my run in time for hubby to go to work.

Eventually I set off and I felt great, the first five minutes flew by which was a complete suprise as I tend to struggle with them the most. Today I decided to mix things up a bit, before I had been landing on my heels as suggested by Laura but after reading/watching several bits and pieces switched to landing on the balls of my feet. It felt 100% natural for me to do this however I did feel as though I was almost trotting which i'm not sure is a recommended look. Anyway it all good until 14 minutes had passed and then the mother of all stitches hit me! Gee whizz I was in pain. More than anything in the world I wanted to stop but I didn't, well almost but not quite. Instead I ran snail pace until I felt that I could continue at a reasonable speed and then Laura told me that I had one minute left and if I wanted I could go faster and I thought why not?! So I did! Huffing and puffing my week six came to a close and I felt amazing. Week seven is calling...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • You completed it...that makes it one of the best in my books!! Well done and welcome to W7!!

Keep Running!! :-)

Steve

You may also like...