Week 4 Run 1...starting to think I really can do this!

Just home from a morning run, the first of week 4. I cannot believe how "good" I feel, not only "in myself" but also "about myself" ... If you get my point?

Having never been a runner, just a very casual gym goer a good few years back, the first week of this Program was a complete shock to my system. I had aches everywhere! I do still ache after but it's more of a healthy ache rather than a "good grief what have I done ache".

At the end of the podcast Laura says that I should be proud of having completed the run...I am very proud. I really do think that not only I can and will do this BUT I will enjoy it too!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. It's a great feeling isn't it. I'm a returning runner (stopped over 20 years ago) but I remember the feel good feelings and I'm enjoying it too

• Well done thats excellent me to total non runner I graduated last week found really help with the stress level and its my time :) xx

• Agree completely about the programme, Debsie! It's done a huge amount for my self esteem as well as my fitness and health. I feel stronger emotionally as a person and less concerned about what other people might be thinking about me - have wasted enough years on that! Best wishes! You can do this and you def should be very proud of yourself!

• Absolutely brilliant post, I fully agree, this programme has given me a huge boost both physically and mentally.

Well done on your progress.

You may also like...