Just back from W3R3

And for those of you who read my last blog, I didn't eat the chicken burger on the way home! Ha ha! Also started using endomondo, and bit disappointed that I managed 3km in total, the app told me I was covering 1km in 10min - which begs the question how will I cover 5km in 30 mins - more to the point how will I cover 30 min.

I have to say I've found the W3 runs pretty ok, not easy by far but not majorly difficult.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My week 4 run 1 covered 3.2 km, I'm quite a slow runner. I think your speed increases the further you get into the programme as you get used to running.

Good luck :)

• Just focus on running for the time at the moment, never stress about your speed! I think mine is probably alot slower than some people but for me being able to run for X amount of time is much more important than how long it takes me to cover a certain distance :) keep going you're doing great :)

• Hi, runningnewbie. I have a bit of an issue with Endomondo too at times. The other morning I went out for a run with my reluctanthusband (was a reluctant runner but is now training for his first 10k on 3rd Nov!). He uses a programme (can't remember what it's called) to map and measure his runs. We ran 5k according to his programme but my Endomondo only measured it at 4.66k with a 10 min km and the rest being 7 something minutes! So we reckoned that the satellite had disappeared into clouds or something else technical like that! Good luck for week 4!

You may also like...