Third time lucky......wk7r1 phew!

Oh my days I've been in a very dark place this week. Was contemplating just giving up on the whole program. My second attempt at w7r2 was even worse than the first, barely managed 8 minutes running, it was dreadful.

That was on Tuesday evening. This morning my husband dutifully evicted me from the house at 5.30am and I am so glad he did.

I actually felt surprisingly good having had a block of four solid hours of sleep- the most I've had in one solid stretch for at least a month. Humphrey only had one feed and Fred only woke twice and there was only one "what the f*** was that" moment when a mouse trap went off in the loft.

Anyway back to the run- I went out with the mindset of just get to 15 and see what happens, by 9 I was trying to give in but had to speed up past the menace Alsatian puppy and consequently forgot I wanted to give up, next thing I knew Laura was telling me we were half way. That coincided nicely with the downhill bit and then it was 20, so I knew I could finish. I even manged the last 60 seconds at Agnes' canter pace and it was uphill too!

Finished absolutely pooped but on a high. Then got home to three screaming kids, the dog started howling, and the husband promptly left for work. Whilst finally managing to sit down for my porridge I was summoned to wipe a bum. I now realise the dark place I go to when I run Is actually quite nice.....I shall revisit it on Saturday morning for w7r2.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh wow - well done you for running with all that going on! And very well done that you managed to compelte week 7 run 1. Don't worry about repeating runs - it took me 50 runs instead of 27 to complete the whole thing, and I'm still not up to 5k in 30 minutes, but I don't care because I go out there regularly and I do this for me. Good luck for 7/2, and keep going!

• Loved this blog, monmou! Really admire your determination to get out and run. Had to laugh at the interruption to your well-deserved porridge. Took me back! :)

You may also like...