Lunch is for wimps

Well last run of week 3 for me today. As planned I headed out from work at lunchtime. Things did not go quite according to plan as I had to make a call at one, so delayed run and lunch till after that. So pretty hungry by the time I set out.

It was a beautiful afternoon though and although I was not too sure quite where I was running I found an ok route with only a few schoolkids to dodge. Disaster struck in the last minute of the last run however when the ipod seemed to spontaneously stop. I just kept running for a while so hopefully I did my full three minutes.

Having lunch at last and hopefully had enough of a boost to get me through what is usually my most hated afternoon of the week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done on having the motivation to go at lunch. I am too worried about being a sweaty mess all afternonn (or more accurately too worried about risking my colleagues seeing me running!) to do that, but I have considered it on busy days.

I used to work with someone that ran at lunchitme and she said that it really gave her a boost for the afternoon, so I'm sure it will for you too!

• I'm lucky in that my usual base (I sometimes move about a bit) has a shower. Didn't know about it but am pally with the cleaner and he told me (be nice to your cleaner folks!) Colleagues took the mick a bit but they are secretly jealous I reckon!

• :-) :-) WELL DONE! You just keep showing those co-workers what a real runner is!

You may also like...