Couch to 5K
63,954 members97,009 posts

Quick update- weight loss and 10k training

I have not written for a while but I do read the blogs regularly to keep the motivation and more importantly keep myself updated with what everyone is doing..so nosey!

The training for 10k is going ok, I have made my own 11 week plan based on existing plans. The speed is still slow (43 mins for 5k) but that does not bother me, I am just pleased I am running :-). I did my first 7k 3 days back and did not ache much afterwards so that's a good sign. I still have almost 7 weeks before I do my first 10k so hopefully all is in control:-)

Oh the best news I have lost 18.5 pounds in last 3 months, so can't ask for more...thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful stories. Happy running !

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Devanski well done with your amazing weight loss and your continued running :)

Ask JR21 for your graduation badge; I need to see that green next to your name :)

Thanks- just emailed JR21 for a badge.

Well done, that sounds like excellent progress and you should certainly be on target for your first 10k :-)

Oh well done for building on your distance. The speed doesn't matter. I can't wait to get going on the10k training plan once I've finished this one!

Awesome job on the weight loss and gaining distance! Please continue to blog so we can stay updated with your progress!

Great post, you are doing really well. Did my 2nd 10k today, its a great distance to aim for, challenging but definitely doable. Good luck x

Thanks Deryn, you were definitely a good support when I signed up for 10k-I remember emailing you and asking for advice.

Thanks everyone:-)

Well done Devanski. :) Great news on the weight loss too. Good luck with preparing for 10K. I look forward to reading how you get on. :)

Thanks Legion

You may also like...