W5R1 - done

Did it! I was worried as I gave blood yesterday (good thing they no longer ask if you're going to do anything strenuous in the next 24 hours, just tell you to take it easy until tomorrow). I had a read on here a few days ago and there's a question about giving blood. So I followed the advice which was drink lots beforehand and after and I had no ill effects during today's run.

So, roll on Friday when I step it up to 2 x 8 minutes. (Still worried about Sunday's run though.)

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. Keep going. W5R2 I found was fine, and I was worried about R3. It was tough overall, but there was a point at about the 15 minute mark when I 'got it'. I was grinning like a lunatic and had goosebumps, even though it was midday in full sunshine and I was sweating like the proverbial horse. Then, however, it became an effort. But, do you know what? It's only breathing in and out and putting one foot in front of the other. It's not a race and no-one is judging the performance. We're each running for ourselves and doing it the best we can. And that's all that matters. Do the best you can, keep going and be proud of yourself for getting as far as you have.

• Well done! I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse when I tried to run after giving blood! You're obviously made of sterner stuff but don't be too disappointed or beat yourself up if some of the next few runs are tough. Good luck! :-)

You may also like...