watch type running gadget advice

Hi, Now I've almost completed week 6 I'd like to get a gadget to show me how far/fast I'm running. Any advice? I don't have a smart phone.

A few points: I have small wrists and hate anything pink, style is very important

Needs to be very user friendly as I am a bit of a technophobe (hence no smart phone!) and easy to connect/download to PC

I know nothing about these things and don't know where to start looking

Thanks everyone

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How soon do you want one?

If you want something small, easy to use, simple and without extras such as a heart rate monitor, Garmin are bringing out a new model which is due to be in the shops 'in September' - no release date yet.

My son has recommended this Garmin Forerunner 10 to me and it looks interesting. RRP is £99, but expect to find it cheaper when it arrives.

garmin.com/uk/forerunner10

Look away from the pink one! ;-)

• Thanks for this - I like the green one! Will add to my birthday / christmas wish list and hope someone is feeling generous

• I have a garmin forerunner and I also use runkeeper on my iphone.

I actually find that runkeeper is more accurate! Or more likely, has a better way of smoothing out signal loss. I have regular spikes on the Garmin where it thinks I am standing still or running at world record pace. It all evens out over the course of a run, but it does screw up the fastest pace records a little bit.

You may also like...