2nd run of wk 2 in the rain - not much fun

Despite the rain i decided to give it a go, went the distance but found the wet kagool a bit of a challenge. Hoping for better weather for the rest of the week. i've run now for three consecutive days so think i really need to have a rest day tomorrow - its quite addictive this running thing. - My bum feels a bit less wobbly too.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You definitely need a rest day!! I'm only running on alternate days; there's no way my body could cope with runniing every day, I'd get injured if I did that, although the urge to run on my rest days is actually surprising me. I never thought I'd actually want to do this - more like force myself. But it's the exact opposite! Well done on getting so far so fast though!

• Well done on your progress!

I was keen to go out every day too but most advice in forums like this one and running mags/books/forums advise a day's rest, especially for people new to this type of exercise. It gives your body a chance to repair small muscle tears so you avoid injury which would stop you running all together. You can do other things on your non running days, I swim, go to a weights class and now and again get to pilates. One day of complete rest from exercise is normally recommended.

As for the rain, I love running in it! It cools me down a treat.

I did buy a lightweight running jacket when I started, but it is really only shower proof and slightly windproof. Once I warm up I take it off, even in torrential rain, and tie it round my waist (fold it over a few times so doesn't dangle/flap!), I figure I get wet anyway (from . . . erm. . . perspiring so much!). I do wear a running cap with a big peak to stop rain getting in my eyes.

• Thanks for the advice. i'm gonna enjoy a night of soaps.

You may also like...