New to C25K -- W2R1

I know I'm incredibly unfit, but it only became clear just how unfit I am when I tried cycling the 1.5miles from my house to work and almost cried 2mins in. I decided then and there that it was about time I did some real exercise. I was introduced to a program similar to C25K a few months ago but instead of a podcast it was just instructions on a piece of paper and I had to keep glancing at my watch while running/walking which naturally made me feel more stressed than anything. Then I found the C25K podcasts and started running last week.

I found Week1 a lot easier than I was expecting -- i.e. I was quite tired but I wasn't close to fainting or dying which was the case with the previous program. So I decided to keep going even though I run week1 in 10 days rather than a week due to time constraints. I've just come back from the first run of week2. I definitely struggled a lot more but I did battle through it in the end. I'm afraid my motivation will run out any day now. So I thought I'd ask if you guys have any tips of how to keep it up?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I started the podcasts in January of this year having never run. I found I struggled with the first ones because I was so unfit but also felt a bit stupid plodding around. After about 3 weeks though I found I had become naturally hooked and started looking forward to going out on runs. I think quite a lot of people find the more they do the more they want to do - hopefully you will catch the bug too. You probably think at this stage that you won't but that is how I felt at the begining. If you feel you are starting to wane come on here and I'm sure you'll get a lot of support to keep you motivated.

• This forum is the most amazing place, full of great people who share their experiences - the ups and the downs. Well done for starting - keep it up, and keep reading on here. If you have a quick look through you'll see where people have lost some motivation and the encouragement they receive is wonderful.

Good luck!

• Thank you both. I shall keep reading. W2R2 done as well...

You may also like...