Week 7 run 2, take 2!

I've definitely discovered over the past few weeks that the longer the runs, the longer I need to recover!

I almost managed W6R3, but then moved onto W7R1 and was successful. W7R2 was horrific, and I got quite down about it all - that was Wednesday, and I only managed to get myself out again today (and that was a challenge).

Successfully managed the 25 minutes (And about 20 seconds after!), and even managed to pick up my speed a bit with one minute to go!

I changed my route a little bit this time (repeating a loop, rather than one large loop) and took the monster hill out - this was a massive help, and I think I'll stick to that route from now on.

Really proud of myself. I'm not sure I'll ever "enjoy running", but I definitely enjoy the feeling I get after I've been out.

Hoping that eventually, these longer runs won't be so much of a challenge physically and mentally, but for now, I know I can do it, so just got to keep it up!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Aytriaris. :) I think I'm in a similar place to you, and maybe need to give myself a bit longer to recover. I (nearly) did W6,R2 today, but ended up walking a couple of times during the second 10 minute run. :( It seems crazy to me, after successfully completing W5,R3 first time. I don't think my body has recovered from the last few runs with only one day off in between. I felt exhausted before I even started! I'm wondering whether to give myself 2 or more days rest before trying again. Did you find your second attempt at W7,R2 felt easier, physically and/or mentally? Did you do anything else on your 'rest days' instead of running? I want to start enjoying c25k again and get that good after-run feeling back that has been lacking on my last few runs.

• Well done for completing it! I found I needed my 2 rest days each week to help with the 'drained' feeling I was getting from the longer runs.

Like you, I'm not sure running is something I will ever say I enjoy, but I do enjoy the buzz of pushing myself through the podcasts.

Best of luck for your next run :)

You may also like...