W4R1 step up!

Ran the first 3mins fine but after 90 seconds walk here was the first 5min run!!!

Started the 5min run but had to walk 2 mins in, walked for 1min then ran again! So ran 2 walked 1 ran 2 (5min run).

Ran the rest of the run OK, got to the last 5min, MADE SURE I RAN IT! and enjoyed the fact that I did it! Determined to do all next time, (And I will). Thinking of changing my name to Harry Trotter because I think running is Magic!!!!!!!!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I began my W4R1 today and yes, agree, it is quite a step up from W3. That first 5 min run creeps up pretty quickly. I made a mistake of changing my route today and was saddled with a hill right on my first 5 min run. I struggled on and on and finally made it but I thought I'd died before I got there!

Hope you have a better run next time. As Laura says "You can do it!" Best of luck :-)

• Week 4 does seem to start ramping up the intensity in C25K, and your experience isn't all that unusual. Plus, everyone has "bad" runs. Usually for me, if I have a difficult run, the next one turns out to be really good, so just keep at it. Good for you for making it this far - you will be great.

• I am due to do Wk4R1 on Monday (having just finished Wk3R3 - for the second time!) - was not feeling very positive about it (in spite of my Wk3 runs being ok) as 5 minutes seems like ages!! but now much happier - thanks a lot for posting this as it shows me there are ways to get there! Well done you for keeping going :-)

You may also like...