W4R1 step up!

Ran the first 3mins fine but after 90 seconds walk here was the first 5min run!!!

Started the 5min run but had to walk 2 mins in, walked for 1min then ran again! So ran 2 walked 1 ran 2 (5min run).

Ran the rest of the run OK, got to the last 5min, MADE SURE I RAN IT! and enjoyed the fact that I did it! Determined to do all next time, (And I will). Thinking of changing my name to Harry Trotter because I think running is Magic!!!!!!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I began my W4R1 today and yes, agree, it is quite a step up from W3. That first 5 min run creeps up pretty quickly. I made a mistake of changing my route today and was saddled with a hill right on my first 5 min run. I struggled on and on and finally made it but I thought I'd died before I got there!

Hope you have a better run next time. As Laura says "You can do it!" Best of luck :-)

• Week 4 does seem to start ramping up the intensity in C25K, and your experience isn't all that unusual. Plus, everyone has "bad" runs. Usually for me, if I have a difficult run, the next one turns out to be really good, so just keep at it. Good for you for making it this far - you will be great.

• I am due to do Wk4R1 on Monday (having just finished Wk3R3 - for the second time!) - was not feeling very positive about it (in spite of my Wk3 runs being ok) as 5 minutes seems like ages!! but now much happier - thanks a lot for posting this as it shows me there are ways to get there! Well done you for keeping going :-)

You may also like...