Week 11 run 1

Well people, today I ran 8 miles in 1hour 23 mins. Extremely hard work but I enjoyed every minute of it.

First 5 miles flew by then I started to get tired and questioned the sanity of increase from 6.3 to 8 miles. I just kept telling myself 1 foot in front of the other keep going you can do this. Mile 7 was the hardest mile I have ever done on the last 11 weeks, then mile 8 suddenly got a second wind and it was over in no time whatsoever.

Totally over the moon I completed 8 miles that's a new best for me but I think I will stick at 8 miles now for a few weeks before increasing distance again.

To all those naysayers and anal retentive people who insist on commenting saying you shouldn't do this or you shouldn't do that, I have two words for you the first one starts with an F and the second word is off can you guess what it is?

Please follow instructions carefully and go get a life. Instead of dragging people down.

To everyone else from beginner to seasoned veteran keep on jogging guys and I hope you have as much success and enjoyment that I am having.

And yes folks I am going to treat myself to a chocolate covered doughnut.

Yum yum.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest β€’ newest

You may also like...