Better week

Better week

Was feeling very disappointed last week, going slow, no progress and all that.

However, this week is a lot better, stopped analysing how I was going to cope, and just went out to enjoy the runs.

This morning I felt a good, despite stopping to walk for a minute twice during the run. I did 5.23 km in 36 mins today .

6.12km in 44 mins Wednesday

4.63km in 34 mins on Monday.

I love running around this small lake were everyone is always so friendly. Thanks to all for the support

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Don't know if 'improvement' is always linear and I think it is important to enjoy and remember the health gains we get running. And stop and look at the daisies ...

• what a beautiful place for a run!

• It is a horribly hard thing to stop doing that 'analysing' thing. My best runs (actually my best most things) are the ones where I can switch that part of my brain off and the more you can do it the better it seems to be. Incidentally I find it almost impossible.....

Just enjoying the moment is so rare in life. You can't analyse every moment just look at the trend over a long period and hopefully the graph points the right way :-)

And I agree it is a beautiful spot for a run, you are very lucky, I hop eyou keep enjoying it (or most of it anyway ;-) ).

• I hear your pain burstcouch. I find I enjoy it so much more when I'm not so focused on the stats... But we are human too I guess and always looking for that improvement. I find I plateau a lot with my running. Seems I run the same distances or times over and over no matter how hard I try then suddenly I can do more or faster... A slow process though.

• Thanks well lets see what this week brings folks. Distance is what I want to achieve, but must be patient too.

Hope the weather is better for all.

• You have no need to worry, your stats are impressive ;) Beautiful place to run, you're very lucky, I agree that when you aren't so focused on the distance etc it becomes more enjoyable, so enjoy :)

You may also like...