Couch to 5K
62,472 members95,294 posts

Newbie - Week 2 Day 2

So pleased with myself, got up this morning at 5:15am and headed out to the park (horrible misty & wet) my first 90 seconds were awful, my legs were so heavy and I never thought I would manage but I kept going and by the end of the 20 mins I actually felt like I could do more! I can honestly say this is the first time that I have "enjoyed" my runs......looking forward to finishing week 2 on Sunday!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Great job! You can look forward to more enjoyable runs, they just get better as you go. :)

Well done MindyM - you've done really well to get up that early and on such a grotty day! I often find my first couple of minutes of running feels really hard - takes a little while to find the rhythm and for my legs to remember what they are supposed to be doing! And I'm on week 7... I used to dread exercise before I did C25k - and now I really look forward to my running days. Stick with it, you are doing just great...

Thanks guys, I still can't ever imagine myself being able to run for any length of time but I'm really going to stick at it!!

Prepare to be amazed at yourself, then. Because in 3 weeks or so you're going to be running for 20mins. And you *will* do it! I've just finished week 8 and I wouldn't have believed it possible when I was on week 2 either!

You may also like...