Newbie - Week 2 Day 2

So pleased with myself, got up this morning at 5:15am and headed out to the park (horrible misty & wet) my first 90 seconds were awful, my legs were so heavy and I never thought I would manage but I kept going and by the end of the 20 mins I actually felt like I could do more! I can honestly say this is the first time that I have "enjoyed" my runs......looking forward to finishing week 2 on Sunday!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great job! You can look forward to more enjoyable runs, they just get better as you go. :)

• Well done MindyM - you've done really well to get up that early and on such a grotty day! I often find my first couple of minutes of running feels really hard - takes a little while to find the rhythm and for my legs to remember what they are supposed to be doing! And I'm on week 7... I used to dread exercise before I did C25k - and now I really look forward to my running days. Stick with it, you are doing just great...

• Thanks guys, I still can't ever imagine myself being able to run for any length of time but I'm really going to stick at it!!

• Prepare to be amazed at yourself, then. Because in 3 weeks or so you're going to be running for 20mins. And you *will* do it! I've just finished week 8 and I wouldn't have believed it possible when I was on week 2 either!

You may also like...