W6R2 completed

A cooler morning after last night's thunderstorm. There was still some low cloud hugging the mountains but the sun was bathing the mountains above in a beautiful fresh light. A lovely setting for a run! I set out on the first 10min run at a steady pace and I passed another jogger!! When Laura told me I had just 60s to go I dug in and increased my speed slightly knowing that, by now, 3mins walking would be plenty of time to recover. I got almost as far in 10mins as I got halfway through my previous run. I turned round during my walk and did the same again. I passed the other jogger again who had also turned round, but this time managed a cheery "morgen!". She said something I didn't understand as I went past (my German is sadly limited).

So that's my last run with intervals. From now on I'll be running solid blocks of (increasing - gulp!) time. My fitness levels have definitely improved so I'm sure I can manage it. 17 runs completed. Only 10 more until I achieve my goal! And only one more run in this spectacular location as we fly home on Saturday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, sounds like a great place to be running

• Oh, it's lovely!

You may also like...