Week 3 Day 2 : A triumph!

As i was walking into the gym, i hadnt quite made my mind up. Should i do a thirty minute week 9 run at a nice slow 7.5kph again, or should i bash on with a week 3 run? Well, i opted for week 3 run 2, but that wasnt all.

I completed week 3 at 11kph!!! There was a few points i didnt think i would make it, I am noticing that its my breathing capacity which isnt keeping up, weird as that was what improved the quickest first time round. But, i was not stopping there. After finishing the final three minute interval, i had my lovely calm down walk, and thought, sod it. Lets go out and see if i can do a few minutes at my normal slow endurance pace.

So, i started back up at 7.5kph. Wow, 7.5kph felt really really slow. So after a couple of mins i knocked it up to 8kph, not braver than that. I thought i'll give it five minutes, than ten minutes.

I noticed at ten minutes i was actually at 4.5km in total distance (including the week 3 run) i knew i could keep going, anyway i kept going for sixteen minutes straight, on top of my week 3 run 2 which was at my fastest pace so far. Why not just get to the end and actually do 5k?

I feel like i am repeating earlier blog posts, but it is absolutely amazing how our bodies can improve so much.

It was pure murder first time round, and that was just doing week 3 at little more than 6/6.5kph.

Here i am ten weeks later, doing the same week 3 run at 11kph, and *also* doing a straight sixteen minute run straight after only few minutes of cool down.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow, great post. Very inspirational. My next run is W3R2 but 1st round and I am about 6kph. Shows me, that with dedication and determination, I too will be able to up my pace. By the end of August, hopefully I can be like you.

• I am sure you will! just keep at it.

lol, there are very few people who want to be like me, so thanks.. You know what, by August i dont want to be like me. I am hoping to have lost another twenty pounds by the end of august, 50lbs gone already...

• great stuff! i have no idea how fast im going as i dont run on a treadmill and dont have a gps watch (yet) but it sounds a fantastic achievement. go you :)

You may also like...