Week 5 day 2

Just completed week 5 day 2, 2 x 8 minute runs I still cant believe it. The second 8 did feel difficult and my legs were really hurting but now I have got my breath back I am really pleased. The next run on Friday a straight 20 mins may be a jump to far for me but I will give it a go.

If I was to run a 5k at my currant speed it would take 50 mins the snail on my treadmill asked me if I could go any faster.lol

Also did 50 mins on my new bike yesterday b*m a bit sore but getting there.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congrats on getting W5R2 done & under your belt.

Honestly, don't fuss too much about R3. 20 minutes does seem like a big jump in time, especially with no breaks, but seriously - you can do it. As Laura says, it's more a mental challenge than a physical one. Your body can do the 20 minutes, it's your brain who *thinks* it can't.

Ignore your brain, listen to your body! Good luck :)

• Congrats Glendam52 - I know how hard it is to get here....

Yesterday I too completed Wk5R2 so I have R3 tomorrow (Thursday). Like you I still can't get my head around the fact that I will be running for 20 mins but I have a feeling that it won't be as bad as I think (she lied to herself!!).

In Wk1 I struggled to run for 60 seconds so I can't believe how far I have come - especially as I am nearly 5 stone overweight!

With me I know it is mind over matter. I am really nervous but excited at the same time. I can't wait for that 20th minute just so that I can say that I did it! I will be taking mrqwest's advice and ignoring my brain.

Good luck with your run on Friday!

• Thanks to both of you for the encouragement. Really looking forward to seeing your post tomorrow Amac to say you have done it as I am sure you will.

I also still need to lose three stone have lost 32 lb this year following a healthy eating plan. I am also still 9.5 weeks off my 60th birthday would love to graduate by then.

Who knows

Laura might.

• WOW! What a 60th prezie to yourself your graduation will be.

I'm only on week 4 but I's sooo looking forward to the feeling at the end of w9r3

Well done on the weight loss too

You may also like...