Week 5 day 2

Just completed week 5 day 2, 2 x 8 minute runs I still cant believe it. The second 8 did feel difficult and my legs were really hurting but now I have got my breath back I am really pleased. The next run on Friday a straight 20 mins may be a jump to far for me but I will give it a go.

If I was to run a 5k at my currant speed it would take 50 mins the snail on my treadmill asked me if I could go any faster.lol

Also did 50 mins on my new bike yesterday b*m a bit sore but getting there.

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congrats on getting W5R2 done & under your belt.

Honestly, don't fuss too much about R3. 20 minutes does seem like a big jump in time, especially with no breaks, but seriously - you can do it. As Laura says, it's more a mental challenge than a physical one. Your body can do the 20 minutes, it's your brain who *thinks* it can't.

Ignore your brain, listen to your body! Good luck :)

• Congrats Glendam52 - I know how hard it is to get here....

Yesterday I too completed Wk5R2 so I have R3 tomorrow (Thursday). Like you I still can't get my head around the fact that I will be running for 20 mins but I have a feeling that it won't be as bad as I think (she lied to herself!!).

In Wk1 I struggled to run for 60 seconds so I can't believe how far I have come - especially as I am nearly 5 stone overweight!

With me I know it is mind over matter. I am really nervous but excited at the same time. I can't wait for that 20th minute just so that I can say that I did it! I will be taking mrqwest's advice and ignoring my brain.

Good luck with your run on Friday!

• Thanks to both of you for the encouragement. Really looking forward to seeing your post tomorrow Amac to say you have done it as I am sure you will.

I also still need to lose three stone have lost 32 lb this year following a healthy eating plan. I am also still 9.5 weeks off my 60th birthday would love to graduate by then.

Who knows

Laura might.

• WOW! What a 60th prezie to yourself your graduation will be.

I'm only on week 4 but I's sooo looking forward to the feeling at the end of w9r3

Well done on the weight loss too

You may also like...