Week Four Run Two

Phew, what a run. I'm still completely red in the face and sweating like crazy. I think I left it a bit too late to go this morning because it was starting to get hot about halfway through and I got completely exhausted. I thought about giving up but managed to carry on, so I'm pretty impressed with myself (especially as I'm rebooting my ovarian systems this week... not exactly a great state for a run).

I think I was definitely running a bit faster than Monday (either that or I walked a bit faster in the first bit!) because I overshot the bit where I usually turn back for home by a fair bit. I had to imagine the finish line again to make it through the very last bit, by which time I was absolutely drenched in sweat. There were other joggers out and lots of cyclists so it got a bit difficult to negotiate the path at various points. I also get a bit fed up with dog owners who don't clean up after their pets - it means you're constantly having to dodge these piles so as not to tred muck everywhere!

I'm having a slightly better week and I think the running has really helped - I've got lots of work done and my partner has sprung into action on the job front. He wasn't really happy at his job anyway, so maybe redundancy will be a blessing in disguise. I'm trying to get him to come with me for a run sometime, but he prefers weight training. He goes to boxing class too, at a place where I used to do Wing Chun. I do miss martial arts sometimes, but I'm having much more fun with the running.

One thing I've been trying to find is a decent pair of noise reduction headphones. Running in the city can be awkward because the traffic can drown out your music but I hate thinking that I'm risking tinnitus by listening to music too loud. I bought a pair of Creative noise reduction headphones recently but they're RUBBISH - like listening to someone else's tinny stereo from far away. Any suggestions for a decent pair of in-ear noise cancelling headphones? I may have to save up!

Til next time...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wonderful rebooting expression,still laughing now! I alter my route between pavement and fields and tried to view not getting stung by nettles and/or avoiding the poo as part of my jog..probably thought I looked more althletic than I really do, bearing in mind mid 40s and overweight jumping unelegantly from side to side!

• Well done I have just completed that run today too there are quite a few of us creeping up now. Not sure how wk 5 run 3 will hold me back though.

You may also like...