Motivated at 6am, to conquer WK 8 run!

Getting out of my pit in the morning is a challenge in its self, but to do the first run of week 8, am I rather mad. Actually I found the whole thing invigorating, I chomped on a banana first, didn't turn in bananaman though. I put my running kit on, ipod ready, and off I went with the gentle nudge from our Laura, at first I felt like a vampire, I'm not used to sun, I felt let down that their wasn't a rain cloud insight. Did my warm up, then I started to run, but today I wanted to concentrate on slowing my pace, as on my previous run I did my first mile to fast, leaving me fighting the next tortuous neverending incline. I think I cracked my pace today, after the 28 of running I more or less did 3 mile, its amazing how far you can go in an extra 3 mins. Am I on track, will I do another 6am run? One thing for sure I am pleased with how far c25k has taken me. I just wish there was a 10k podcast with Laura's gentle prompts.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's tough getting up and out but so worth it! You managed to run for 28 minutes so I would say you are on track! Well done!

• Thank you, I just hope I keep momentum after I graduate next week.

• Well done, you have caught the bug ;)

I have a 10k training app and I spend much of my time cursing the poor innocent voice that shouts RUN and WALK, this voice treats me like I'm in boot camp!! I have told her to just shut up on numerous occasions! I miss the softly softly approach of our Laura ;)

• I just like the boot camp format lol. So since you've graduated do you still do 3 runs a week. Or is the workout totally different on 10k training.

You may also like...