I only have five runs left!

Totally amazing to think that I am have started week 8. Isn't it remarkable that you can get fit enough to run for half an hour in such a short space of time? I wasn't a couch potato when I started but I certainly wasn't able to run for much more than a minute. Now I'm not even that puffed out after 28 minutes.

Anyway, week 8 run 1. Successfully completed last night without any crisis of confidence. I live at the top of a hill so whatever route I take I always have to end with a climb which is a bit of a shame because I'm doing great 'til that point then I am reduced to a complete heap by the top! I've never given up, though.

Run 2 first thing tomorrow morning, then 3 on Monday. So with a bit of luck I should finish the programme a week on Sunday. Can't believe it!

Cheers all,

Duncan

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Duncan! I'm just about to head out now to do this one, wimped out this morning! I agree, it is remarkable to come this far in such a short space of time.... I just wish I'd started sooner!

• Me too! well I did week 8 run 2 this morning despite suffering from some shin pain the last few runs, but I am so happy that I am running 28mins without stopping! its a great feeling isnt it? :-)

You may also like...