W6R3 - completed, but only just!

I really struggled with the 25 minutes today - I completed it but was SO pleased to hear Laura's voice telling me to walk...

The thought of doing week 7 now fills me with dread. I don't want to go backwards but can I really keep running for these distances?

Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits that I am now officially 'a runner', but I feel like a bit of a fraud......

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • No, youre not a fraud, I posted today that I really struggled (wk7 r1) and everyone leapt to my support. So as I say youre not a fraud you are a runner and you have come so far in a short space of time, just trust in Laura and keep going. For me its now all in my head, my body is kind of willing but its my mind that doesnt think it can do it, so brush all those thoughts aside and keep going. Well done x

• But you did do it! And you'll get fitter. Think back to what you have achieved - if you are like me no way could you have run for 25 minute a couple of months ago. I run pretty slowly but I just keep plugging away at it and I am definitely getting fitter. Stay strong!

• I, too, struggled in week 6 and was dreading week 7. The first two runs in Week 7 were absolutely fine, but I nearly came a cropper on the third run. After a miserable blog, I was encouraged to go on to week 8 and completed the first run of the week in pretty good shape today. To be honest, I wasn't all that surprised that W7R3 proved a problem - I wasn't really in the mood, forced myself to go out and do it and simply failed to find my stride right from the start. After reading other blogs on the subject of miserable runs, it is quite clear that most of the C25K community suffers one or more of these during the 9 (or more) weeks of the programme, but that most of us come back stronger after such an episode.

A lot of it really is about mind over matter - but it's also about not fearing "failure" and about progressing at your own pace (I repeated week 2 and was much more comfortable the second time). C25K attracts people of vastly different ages and baseline fitness levels, and I think that this is a very important fact to remember when deciding what pace you want/can progress at.

You may also like...