Trudge trudge trudge

After feeling smug about myself on Saturday morning following my run with my friend (which was accomplished after a night of drinking/clubbing/and about 5 hours sleep...) I was feeling quite reassured about this whole running lark. I'd managed 25 minutes at a fairly decent pace and was feeling relaxed about the upcoming 5k race I'm signed up for. Sadly today was a real struggle. First, my ipod seems to have wiped my podcasts - not quite sure why... Secondly, I ran after work rather than in the morning and I was exhausted. Thirdly I really haven't been looking after myself and there was too much partying and not enough healthy food over the last few days. So I ran incredibly slowly and felt like every step was a challenge. I managed the 25 minutes (W7R1) but it was hard. I am really hoping that my next run gives me more of a buzz and some confidence to see this through!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sometimes the effects of drinking don't happen immediately but a few days on. It just seems to drag the whole body down.

You did well to get through but I'd give yourself some vitamins and a good nights sleep before the next one in order to get the buzz!!

• Well done for persevering and finishing your run. I think a good rest is probably in order before the next one !

• Well done for completing your run. Dehydration could well have been a problem. After a night out drink double the amount of water you would usually drink.

• Thanks guys! I am quite prepared to admit, hand on heart, that I had not prepared sensibly for my run! Better to realise that this weekend than in two weeks time when I am planning to race! I'm pleased I pushed through - I know I would have resented myself if I had not - but looking forward to being able to report back in a few days with, hopefully, a more positive running experience! Now to go and have another glass of water...!

You may also like...