W4 R2......plodding on

Well I never thought I'd be able to 'run' for 5 mins, its going ok but my shins hurt a bit and I think I'm getting slower....but not had to stop so that must be a good thing?????

Had a rush of blood to the head and signed up for the local 5k Race for Life event. I did it last year but walked it all, perhaps this year I can 'run' most of it.........not till June so plenty of time. (repeat after me 'must remain positive'.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • i think it's a good idea to have a goal to work to, not just the c25k goal! I am thinking of entering in a 5k race in July...haven't done yet though, maybe I should just take the plunge like you :)

• Er-hem - sounfit, the word is not 'run' ....... it's run!!! I know my son calls me a grammar Nazi, but I am duty bound to point out that what you are doing is proper running and does not require the use of inverted commas!!!

Go for it...... :-)

• Ha ha.....I lke the comfort of commas because I'm so slow.....maybe one day!

You may also like...