Never miss out on a proper cool down

Sunday, I had a successful but hard run for W7R2. Went a bit further than the run before, but boy was i glad when it finished. As i ran to an area I didnt know, (picking car up from a night out the day before), i sort of did a walking warm down of possibly a minute and a couple of stretches. Then hopped in the car as i didnt have a drink with me to get to my mums. When i got to hers and got out of the car my calves were as hard as stones.

Today I have skipped my first planned run, my legs are still quite tender and just feel that i may end up doing some damage if i run whilst they are still so tired. I did walk for about 7 miles yesterday (something i always do on a monday so it wasnt too taxing), actually when i finished my legs felt good so i think the stretching helped.

So my advice would be never miss out on that warm down, i feel i have let myself down not running today. Hoping to manage tomorrow, though this throws my training plan out the window as my 3 days running are now set in stone. Will possibly wait until Thurs so i can keep my running days the same.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Yes, it's a good idea to run on Thursday and have just one more days rest.

I have once missed out on a full cool down and stretch and could hardly walk when I got out of the car when I got home! I've never made the same mistake again!

Good advice :)

You may also like...