About to start week 2

Have finally finished week 1. I've done the first couple of runs a few times, but never got any further, mainly because I have not been good at building up a routine. I have done Race for Life for the last 2 years - I ran/walked both times but trained beforehand using a Beginner to 5K programme from Runners World - I never actually made it to the end of the programme! What I like about the Couch to 5K podcast is that there is no clock watching so I feel like the time goes more quickly.

I am also trying to lose weight - have lost 2 stone so far and have around 3 more to go. I'm hoping to make running a habit for life. Fingers crossed.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • you are in the right place for habit forming :) by week 6 most folks seem to get strangely addicted :) good luck with getting the 3 runs a week scheduled in your routine - if you get self disciplined with that it really does help

Look forward to seeing your posts as you progress

• Believe in yourself and the programme.

Its achievable and worth it!

You've started now, and keep blogging too the encouragement and support is amazing.

• Well done and keep going! I'm only a little ahead of you (week 4) and it's helping me through a weight loss plateau - 2 stone to go now. One year ago I couldn't run for the bus without feeling out of breath and now I'm running for 16 minutes in total and thinking it's a great feeling :-) Keep posting!

You may also like...