Week 8, Run 2.....with jetlag

Just got back from week 8, run 2. I was travelling in the US last week and missed one of my regular running slots out so I was a bit apprehensive this morning about how I'd do. However, it's a beautiful morning here and managed all 28 mins with (relative) ease. Using WalkJogRun.co.uk I reckon I ran for about 4.5 km so I'm hoping to hit the magic 5k when I run for 30 mins. Who'd ever have thought a dedicated, seasoned and expert coach potato like me would've got to the point of running for 5k after only a few weeks?

Next Sunday I'm doing the Sports Relief 3 mile run in York. When I signed up a few weeks ago I was a bit nervous that I'd not be fit enough to do it and that I'd end up walking most of it. Now, well......I don't want to tempt fate, but I actually feel confident that I can do it.

Good luck to everyone else this week and especially to those of you who are running for Sports relief as well.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Think you are doing amazing....I'm not at 4.5km yet and only have one run left!

I think you'll do fab at the Sports Relief 3 mile run....the encouragement of others will see you through. Good luck (not that you need it!)

• Wow, well done! That's great, what an achievement!!!

• That's great, 4.5k already. Thanks for mentioning WalkJogRun.co.uk , I've just had a quick glance at it and there are some trails marked out already in my area. I think this looks useful and interesting, so thanks again. It's helpful to get tips for running sites.

You may also like...