Week 6 Run 2 - Doh!

Had a slight blonde moment this morning!

Set out for my run at 5.50am, all was going well(ish) I was coughing a bit because it was cold and my legs felt slightly heavier than normal but I persevered.

It came to the second 10 min run and I thought I would take a different route since last time I had to run round in circles to finish the podcast. I had a vague idea where I was going but when I turned to go up the road it was quite a steep hill. I was so focused on getting to the top of the hill that I actually went way too far and missed the road I should've turned down. The podcast finished and I was feeling pretty good, then I looked around me, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

It dawned on me I was about 30mins walk from my house and it was already 6.25am and I usually start getting ready for work at 6.30...argh! So I had to start running again, I probably ran another 10 mins with a couple mins walk inbetween. Got back at 6.45 and it was a mad rush to get showered/dressed and out the door to catch my bus.

What a silly bugger and now I'm knackered :( Going to give myself an extra rest day before I attempt Run 3.

I've just checked my distance on Endomondo and I covered 6.3k in total (including walking)...oops, Laura wouldn't be happy with me!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • thats really funny, but go you running all that way I'm impressed

• Haha that is funny but well done for the extra run! At least you caught the bus :)

• I am so impressed! The idea of doing any more rnning (even if involuntarily) when I have finsished a run is beyond me! Well done! Just imagine how 6 weeks ago you'd probably have missed the bus so you're doing well!

• Thank you all, I did have to laugh at myself for being so directionless.

I wouldn't think I was capable of running further either, but nothing like a bit of panic to spur you on! I'm starting to suffer for it now, going to need a nap when I get home. All in all not something I would recommend.

You may also like...