Week 3 Run 1 done!

...and did it, I ran for three minutes! And do you know what? then I did it again! ;)

Last week I just didn't 'feel it' at all, every run seems to be really hard and I'm panting and puffing and sweating by the end. Week2 Run 3 i even had to walk about 5 seconds before Laura told me to on a couple of the runs. It seemed no easier to do run 3 than run 1 and I didn't feel any improvement. I didn't even want to do that run because of the cold snap but forced myself. Today I knew I wanted to try but I was certain I wouldn't manage it, and so now I'm really pleased with myself. When I got back I rang my mum and my husband to tell them I did it!

Ooh and in other news I'm also calorie tracking / eating healthily and I lost 3lb last week! Good all round...

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • well done Clairefun, I've just done W3 R1 too! the first 3 mins was quite tough but the second one didn't seem too bad:) I had to really push myself to try it too because I was sure I wouldn't manage it. Am going to try to do W3 R2 outside as I've only run on a treadmill up til now, as long as the rain holds off. I haven't really lost any weight so far but do feel slimmer, so not too worried so far, good luck with the next run!

• Well Done Clairefun, keep it up, it does get easier I promise, and the feel good factor you get at the end of each run is definitely worth it.

• Congrats to you, I have my first run of week 3 to do yet , but may not be able to do it for a couple of days, I too am filled with the idea that i won't be able to do it, your comments have made me determined to at least try as I have found the first 2 weeks hard going, of which i feel ashamed of as I didn't think i would be that bad :-)

You may also like...