CATCH-UP CORNER...WEEK 3 ... Come on in and si... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

124,129 members153,619 posts

CATCH-UP CORNER...WEEK 3 ... Come on in and sit a while ...all are welcome :)

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Hello every one... Here I am at the beginning of another week, and still feeling as if the days are whistling by !

I am beginning the post this week, with an accolade to every single one of you.

I sometimes feel that life is hurling so much at me and I am having a tough time; then, I come on here, I read your posts and replies and I am humbled.

You are running when you can, and where you can. You are running at your own level, beginners, half way through-ers, repeaters, and new graduates, and you are all doing it at your own pace and in your own time.

That sounds pretty good, but when I read what some of you are handling right now, in these still uncertain times... I am in awe.

And... the best bit, even though sometimes things feel a tad difficult within your running...you are STILL enjoying it ! Wow!!

So, I am inspired. Still cracking on with Red January... Day 17 and still trying to get the runs in... weather is against me ... ice and more ice... BUT I got in the most glorious run last Wednesday, in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales!

Sunshine and blue sky, a tad chilly but the air, crisp, clear and exhilarating ! Only 3K, slow, steady and superb...:)

Since then, strength and stamina, elliptical and indoor walking! A stressful weekend and little time to fit everything in; but fit it in I did, and tomorrow... black ice permitting I will be getting a little run in mid morning! Thanks to all of you... I am still doing it! x

So... all I can say is, keep it up... keep doing it, keep popping on here too, to share your running and how it is all going at the moment.

The cushions are pumped up, the fire is glowing, and we want to hear your news:)

HUGE well done to all of you.

Oldfloss x

86 Replies
Newbie59 profile image
Newbie59Graduate

Yes, there are good weeks and bad weeks! Last week was a good one but feeling tired at the end of it. I fitted in two 10-mile walks, 3 runs (the final 2 of week 3 and the first one of week 4 on my repeat of C25k). I am really enjoying getting back into running :)

Also managed finally to start the first of Adriene's 30 day January Yoga. Well, as a beginner I found that hard, because my upper body is quite weak and that very long downward dog really took it out of me! So I need to work on my arm strength now.

In December I finally found out what LeJog is so I signed up on 1 January and so far I've covered around 60 miles of the route, looking forward to my first virtual postcard . . .

🌆 🏰 🏭🏝️ ?

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Newbie59

Brilliant.... hard yes, but still you go for it and you take it gently! Downward Dog ! Oh my days I struggle with that and then my 5 year old granddaughter comes beside me and shows me how it is done!!!!

Huge well done to you! Enjoy LeJog and get some strength work in on those arms?

x

Newbie59 profile image
Newbie59Graduate in reply to Oldfloss

Indeed, I expected a gentler start 😂

Terrierfan profile image
Terrierfan in reply to Newbie59

Hi Newbie59 This 30 day Yoga Camp (Move) is quite tough, unlike the ones before.Even as a regular yoga person I find it hard, and too fast sometimes.

Newbie59 profile image
Newbie59Graduate in reply to Terrierfan

not just me then :)

Oldfloss profile image

I just ask my 5 year old granddaughter to help me out!!! :)

MimiRunsToo profile image
MimiRunsToo in reply to Newbie59

Hello! Well done on the YWA. I started this year's 30 Days, but have parked is for a bit as it's causing some discomfort in an already dodgy hip! And reduced movement over the pandemic period has impacted my capabilities, for sure! This round seems super strong, quite different from previous 30 programmes. So, whether you are new to it all or otherwise, you're not alone. Good for you for continuing the journey and when the Down Dog is barking a little too loudly, there's always Child's Pose!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to MimiRunsToo

So true!!! x

Newbie59 profile image
Newbie59Graduate in reply to MimiRunsToo

I gather from a friend that some of her earlier ones were a bit easier for beginners

Oldfloss profile image

Maybe...? Our small runner in training finds yoga so easy...the joys of youth!!!

MimiRunsToo profile image
MimiRunsToo in reply to Newbie59

I agree. Although, I'm also aware that because of the world basically being turned upside down for the last 22 months, my activity levels have been largely non-existent until this year. So I'm trying to decipher if it's also a mix of inactivity/recovering from illness/getting a bit older. Notwithstanding all the above, our girl Adriene has gone deep and hard this year and so I do question the level of love she tells us she has for us each session🙄🤣.

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to MimiRunsToo

Probably a bit of everything. although the older I get, the more determined I get to keep moving.. :) x

Bluebirdrunner profile image
BluebirdrunnerGraduate in reply to Newbie59

I think this 30 day Move YWA is a little tougher than previous ones too. Lots of strength work, and quite fast paced.

HOME was a particularly good 30 day program I think, which might be a better introduction.

🙏xxx

Newbie59 profile image
Newbie59Graduate in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Thank you, I will give it a go :)

BarbieW profile image
BarbieWGraduate

Well my expected operation is no longer”expected” as the consultant has decided to try an alternative treatment, “waiting list too long , may not even be in this hospital, so let’s try this instead….”What? That little operation I was going to try to get fit for?

“This other treatment may make you feel a bit under the weather for a little while though….”

So now my plan to restart C25K is all shot to pieces again! But I’ll definitely carry on with the knee strengthening exercises and I am determined to start again on 31 January as I have here committed, no matter how I am feeling, or the weather, for that matter!

I just get the feeling life is conspiring to stop me running again. But I’m not gonna let it beat me, I swear!

grumpyoldgirl profile image
grumpyoldgirlGraduate in reply to BarbieW

That sounds tough Barbie, when you got yourself all psyched up - stay tough! 💪

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to BarbieW

Sorry I thought I had replied! Well... this has thrown you a tad hasn't it...but you are a determined runner and you will be back on track!The runs and we will wait and we will watch for your return post!

Have that Op... listen to the advice and then as and when.. you head out slowly and gently!

How is it that just when we think everything is settled.. it all goes upside down!

Hope the op goes well and I will keep the corner warm for you xx

Well, I've caught a horrible bug that isn't covid, so I haven't been running since the last time I posted. In fact I only left the house yesterday! So, like Barbie, I'm wondering if the running deities have taken a dislike to me at the moment. I'm meant to be restarting c25k with a running group tomorrow and I'm not well enough, but I'm Not. Giving. Up!So stick that, naughty running deities!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to grumpyoldgirl

It's life and all that goes with it . You do what you can. But,, always listen to your body and heed it. Stay strong., but stay safe also.The new start will come and those runs do wait xxx

grumpyoldgirl profile image
grumpyoldgirlGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Thanks, lovely Floss 😊💕

Elfe5 profile image
Elfe5Graduate in reply to grumpyoldgirl

Hi OGR, sorry to hear about your nasty bug - the the pandemic seems to have been liberally sprinkled with non-Covid nasties. Go you with your determination!💪🏻😄 You will recover & run. 🤗🤗

Well, I've got beyond the half way marker of red January... A mixture of walking, swimming, treadmill and outside runs...it's certainly given me a focus.. To get my activity done each day.. Runs have been interesting on a treadmill as I'm a newbie to it...and get hot very quickly so have to slow down in order to get my 5k done before total wilt. Swimming laps is ok too, I'm up to 1500m, increasing a 100 each time...so..... All going well. Broke the dry Jan once....but back on bitter lemon now.Onwards and upwards....

Mirror image
Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Mormor1

You are doing incredibly well and getting those runs on with a terrific mix of strength and stamina work! Swimming sound really positive and will be wonderful for your stamina levels.

What a lovely photograph too... definitely a winning shot:)

Mormor1 profile image
Mormor1 in reply to Oldfloss

We have had some beautiful walks under blue skies in sunshine.... Even if frosty.

Yesletsgo profile image
YesletsgoGraduate

Hello OF and everyone else! January has been so much better than the end of December!As always I totally lost my mojo towards solstice, not helped by 2 of my 3 lads getting Covid so no Christmas visits. I find the long days so demotivating, not helped by constant gloom and rain but....last week was so much better. The days are just about perceptibly lengthening and this has energised me! I'm more or less back to 3 days a week running and I'm feeling so much better.

I'm off to Russia again on Saturday so am looking forward to a run through the forest, I wonder if it will snow again? I wonder if I'll run at -10C again? Lots to look forward to :)

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Yesletsgo

How exciting , off again to Russia and snowy runs through the woods... it sounds like a fairytale! Cold too... it makes my run last week seem positively balmy!How horrid to have the Covid strike at such an important time of the year :(

The days can seem so dreary and grey , I think ice and frost are preferable ( although not for runs)! I am glad that life although so busy, is getting us through these days :)

You are doing amazingly well, getting three runs a week in. I am not having the same opportunities, so strength and stamina work are taking the lead right now!

We look forward to some photographs maybe as you head out next week.

Do take care and do enjoy x Happy running!

Hello everyone!Beat the toothache after two kinds of antibiotics, just hoping it’s not going to come back. But it had taken a week out of my running so I backed up to the last run of week 5, dodging ice, and then the last run of week 6 to test the water. Really happy because the 25 min run felt almost comfortable, so I’ll get back to where I was mid week 7 feeling like 30 mins is an achievable goal :)

Two of the four kids have horrendous non covid colds that have been going well over a week, and it’s always a juggle just to get enough washing done and everyone fed, but the running is still a positive not another pressure. Where to fit it in when the pavements are so slippy first thing in the morning is a new challenge, I don’t feel safe out on the dark evenings, is that just me? Sure we will work something out though x

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Gottostartsomewhere

Everything crossed for that tooth! It is an unyielding, draining pain.

This time of the year is so unpredictable and the icy conditions, ( here again this morning), make it really hard to get the right time for a run!

I simply do not run in ice, having fallen once ( not running), never again.

Hope that the children are recovering too, these super colds are so prevalent right now and are hanging on.

The runs, however tricky are a great strength to our mental well being and even the shortest one benefits us enormously.

Huge well done to you x

Birdlady64 profile image
Birdlady64Graduate

I'm doing better with the physio's exercises, managing 3 times this last week, though the "dead bug" is proving a bit of a challenge.

Week 4 Run 3 of c25k is done and dusted and I am looking forward to the challenges that week 5 will bring. Run 1 is scheduled for tomorrow. Those muddy woodland trails are calling me. 😁

On Sunday afternoon, accompanied by my other half, I walked part of the route I was running when doing the Magic Plan in summer 2020. It was glorious and hopefully I'll be back up to running those distances again soon

I've started back at the local pool, though I'm a long way off the pace I was achieving 8 months ago. I will get there...

Across the fields from Wood to Wood
Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Birdlady64

This is sounding extremely positive and I do have this wonderful image in my head, of your, dead bug'!You are well on the way and enjoying it too, which is just great!

Those running paths look absolutely wonderful too, what a beautiful location. Lovely to share it too and appreciate the beauty. x

Well done you, do keep us posted please :)

Oldgirlruns profile image
OldgirlrunsGraduate

Ooh I’m impressed with your Red January Oldfloss, go you! Be careful on that ice won’t you! The physio has given me the ok to start back on C25K again so today was W1R1! It’s been such a long time, I decided to be sensible and go back to the start to see how I got on. There was a huge degree of faffery before I actually got out of the house but it was such a glorious morning on the seafront it was definitely worth it! So how did I get on? Well, it was surprisingly tough (I’d forgotten what it was like!) but at the same time the running bits seemed easier than they had first time round! I’m looking forward to the rest of it - whoop whoop!!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Oldgirlruns

This is great news and yes, starting back may feel a tad hard, but as you say, not as tough as the first time around:)This time, you KNOW you are able to do it, and no pressure at all. The important thing is to listen to your physio and to listen to your body.

I am so glad that you are able to run again and your run sounds wonderful! I simply cannot wait until we are able to get to Wales again on March 1st.. this 6 weeks when we have not got that option seems endless!

Take it gently and enjoy, and do keep popping in and let the new runners know how it is going ? xx

PS

if there is ice, I never run on it...hence having to do loads of indoor work :)

dreamrun profile image
dreamrunGraduate

Hi Oldfloss, your run in the dales sounds beautiful! And I admire you greatly for running up hills! 😄 I’m on notorious week 5 at the moment, looking to do Run 2 tonight, and then the last on Thursday. Who isn’t anxious about that last run when they get this far! Just will close my eyes (metaphorically!) and put faith in myself and the programme.

It’s been a tough few years, especially at this time of year, for mental health as well as physical, thank you to you all again for welcoming me back so kindly.

Happy tuesday! 🏃‍♀️

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to dreamrun

I missed this and I am so sorry!I know that you will have been successful in your runs this week...just taking things slowly and steadily will get you there

I remember well, lying awake the night before my last run of Week 5!

I am running Red January for MIND.. a cause close to my heart.

These last years bave, as you say, taken a real toll and many of us are fighting back me included.

But you are here, you are running. You are awesome x

dreamrun profile image
dreamrunGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Not at all! I appreciate you taking the time to respond to everyone! What a wonderful charity MIND is, and what a wonderful cause for RED January. Wishing you all the best for it xx

Jackapoodle profile image
JackapoodleGraduate

I don't know what I was thinking! Been consolidating for weeks now, 30 mins every 3rd day. Yesterday I fancied a change and was a bit short on time, and before I know it, seen the first run of the Magic Plan (time) was 15 mins, thought I like the look of that 😀 downloaded the flipping thing and I'm off!! 😱🙈 Now I'm panicking lol. I haven't heard of the Magic Plan Police so am pretty sure I can stop if it starts to feel a step too far, we'll see. I do lurk on the Bridge forum but it's a scary place 😳 so I'm stopping here 😄 please 🤞

Been really lucky here, had some (relatively) mild days with sunshine 🌞 but still have to be careful to look for patches of ice x

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Jackapoodle

You stay as long as you like and well done you! take it gently and carry on enjoying your runs...:)Glad that your weather is being kind to you... it has been sunny here, but brutally cold ! x

Lola-bear profile image
Lola-bearGraduate

Hello I love reading your posts Oldfloss.My week has been full on with family and friend coming and going and the niggle from my heel. However I’ve rested, I’ve run and I’ve walked on it and nothing seems to make a difference but I have adjusted my cadence after reading the link on here and currently seeing a reflexologist who says she has great success treating plantar so fingers crossed.

I ran on Sunday thinking about pace and cadence and I do think it’s had an effect on my heel, 4 K in 33 minutes pace was 8.14- no idea if that’s good or bad but it’s me and I loved it.

Out again tomorrow 🏃‍♀️

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Lola-bear

I Love that... " ...It's me"... just perfect. Doing it and enjoying it. Listening to your body and heeding advice.Glad you got a run in to ease the week's impact and glad that the heel is holding up too. very well done you...enjoy tomorrow's run too!

Lola-bear profile image
Lola-bearGraduate

Will do thank you and let’s hope the sun shines on us runners 😊

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Lola-bear

I will second that! x

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Shouting out for a few folk...hoping all is well too!

Indielass helenwheels Lablove Poppdogslipstick AmateurJogger Nomorechocolat -David-G dijep skysue16 Marvincat doggytail Shandy1

dijep profile image
dijepGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Oops sorry OF my ability to reply to posts seems to be seriously comprised by forgetful brain 🤣Yep still running although overnight and frequently all day sub zero temperatures have been playing havoc with my love of early my runs 🙁.

I'm also really enjoying joining in with the daily YWA crew over on Strength and Flex

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to dijep

No worries, I guessed you were okay and all sounding really good! Yes, this blinking weather... Ice is my least favourite thing right now... I dislike wind, but the ice!!!Thanks for reminding me, too ...I need to get across to S and F and log in my Yoga exploits.... !!!

Well done you on getting out as and when you are able xxx

dijep profile image
dijepGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Today we are actually frost free .. yay .. so just back from a very sunny run 😊

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to dijep

That is just wonderful! Well done you... we have no Ice, torrential rain instead, but as my podiatrist was with me this morning, that did not matter!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

... a few more empty cushions, although I have seen some posts which tell me that all is good with the owners:)Instructor57 quirkybee Delly-dot nowster

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Hi Oldfloss. Lovely to get back from my run and see a mention from you this morning 😊. Just returned from my 5.5k run, completing week 1 of The Magic Plan. Currently enjoying a big mug of coffee and a huge chocolate cookie 🍪 ….. (🤫 don’t tell) in my dressing gown post shower! Oops - is that too much information ℹ️ ? I got absolutely soaked, covered in mud and cold, so think I’m allowed a little indulgence while I warm up!

Hope all good with you?

Completely agree about the heroes on here. Running against the odds. Every run is a win. 🤗

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Delly-dot

Oh yes! That sounds absolutely wonderful, and what better place to be snuggled up in your dressing gown with a warm drink and cookie, than here:)Your run sounds excellent and it is good to know all is well with you, ( and the family I hope) !

You got drenched by the sound of it, but still you did it... See what I mean about heroes:) ? xxxx

Lablove profile image
LabloveGraduate

Lovely supportive post as usual OF, I really enjoy reading about everyone’s experiences. I’m still working through C25K mark 2, and dare I say enjoying it. Week 6 run 1 yesterday, next run in the calendar for Thursday and signed up to volunteer at my local parkrun at the weekend. I am in awe of your daily workouts, don’t think I’m there yet, but thinking I might look at strength and flex….

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Lablove

Great stuff! All sounding really positive and enjoying getting to where you wish to be, enjoyably!I am hoping to be out tomorrow in the Derbyshire Dales again !

Volunteering for Park Run, just super. It has been a real help for so many during lockdown!

Do head to strength and flex... so many great ideas and links there.. CBDB has got some really helpful stuff on there!

There is a link there on some of my posts on exercise for every part of our running body.. they may be useful?

Huge well done to you !

CBDB profile image
CBDBGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Yes, please feel invited to join us at

healthunlocked.com/strength...

And @oldfloss brilliant posts for every part of your body are all collated here:

healthunlocked.com/strength...

Enjoy!

Lablove profile image
LabloveGraduate in reply to CBDB

Joined! Now I just need to get moving….

Oldfloss profile image

Yeayayayya. Well done you!

CBDB profile image
CBDBGraduate in reply to Lablove

👍🏽👏👏 woohoo ! Welcome!

nowster profile image
nowsterGraduate

You summoned me, Oldfloss!

I'm continuing with RED January. The odometer says 114km of actual running this month, excluding the warm up/cool down walks which I include in my Garmin/Strava recordings.

I've been varying the run lengths, from 2km to 10km. In ordinary times there would have been days when I'd have said, "Stuff it! Today's an extra rest day." due to circumstances or weather, but this month that's not happening, even if it leads to a less-than-ideal run along a busy road's pavements in the dark.

Physically, I seem to be benefiting from it. Several times I've bettered my 5km and 10km PBs this month.

(And the usual warning to C25Kers that you shouldn't Run Every Day until you've had at least a year of regular running under your toes.)

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to nowster

I did and you obeyed! :)

I have seen and read your posts and you are putting me to shame.. ! (Especially competing with tech issues and stubbed toes) ! I need to run!

You are doing really well and shaking up the runs and distances can only be good for you.

Those PBs are coming thick and fast for you. Well done!

Hopefully this will be encouraging for all the new runners who will be able to see just where their running may take them in time. ( No running on consecutive days as you say, until a year has passed :)

Thanks for this x

PJRunner profile image
PJRunnerGraduate

FEELING BROKENNasty stuff ice. Slipped whilst away and ended up in a&e when I got back. No running for a couple of weeks, torn muscles and ligaments but nothing broken. Grrrr

Will enjoy reading everyone's posts to keep me motivated and get back running ASAP. Hopefully the gremlins won't move in whilst I take a break.

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to PJRunner

Oh goodness. Absolutely horrific. I hever run if it is icy...and black ice is really sneaky.Thankfully you broke nothing..heal well, and we will be here to get you moving again, as and when x

BluebirdrunnerGraduate in reply to PJRunner

Oh no... what a shock 😑 recover well PJRunner xx

Lablove profile image
LabloveGraduate

Second run of the week, week 6 run 2, had to slow right down for the two 10 min runs, but made it. Time for a drink and a nibble. Happy running or cosying up in the ‘corner’

Oldfloss profile image

Just super!!! Well done you!

Indielass00 profile image
Indielass00Graduate

Hi Oldfloss . I’ve only just realised that despite you highlighting me in the comments, I don’t get any notification that you have done, so which is odd 🤔.

My week has been crazy but the running has helped me remain calm at times 🙏🏻.

My three and a half year old has had pain in one eye and sensitivity to light 😢 since Saturday. He was so distraught, I called 111 on Saturday morning got seen by out of hours GP at hospital.

Nothing given as she thought viral conjunctivitis.

Pain continued and he can’t cope with any lights on in the morning and night, that by Wednesday I wanted a second opinion. Spoke to a GP at tea time on the phone who wanted to see him the next morning. My son couldn’t cope with the light, that the GP couldn’t see his eye. So we got referred to see a paediatrician at another hospital at the eye clinic.

Meanwhile my daughter is off ill with a cough and husband takes her for a PCR test whilst I take son to hospital.

Various tests done and the theory is it could be inflammation of the Cornea. Eye drops given and today I will get a call from paediatrician to discuss further tests if needed.

Daughters PCR came back negative yesterday morning. Phew!

In comes the running part! Ran on Sunday on my own as daughter not keen to go out. Then I managed to run again Tuesday morning by the sea and before tea last night! Running has been my saviour. It’s kept me together when my mind has been racing about my son.

I have felt less fatigued which showed this week, as only had a days break in between runs.

I’m hoping to run Sunday with my daughter. Hope that son is much better today 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Indielass00

I am so sorry you are not getting a flag up... I need to shout louder. You do see what I mean about awesome heroes and heroines though?

You are one of them!

Goodness what a horrid and stressful time you have had.

The small ones, when they are unwell or injured can be such a worry. Poor little boy x

Thank goodness there seems to be a reason for it all and that has been identified and hopefully things will ease for him.

All this and the worry of the ongoing issues which are still there...oh my. Good that your daughter is not Covid ridden!

Thank goodness that you managed to get out and had a lovely run by the sea... ( I am missing it so much )! It must have been a real stress relief for you to let, for a short while. all those worries float away.

A HUGE pat on the back for you... you are amazing and my words on the photo are for you... you are, indeed, a true heroine .

Happy safe running and please give your small one a virtual hug from this old Grammy xxx

Indielass00Graduate in reply to Oldfloss

Thank you so much Oldfloss, very kind of you. Spoken to the Dr again and my son might be going into hospital next week to have more tests done. They will put him to sleep. I’m still hoping he will feel better before then and we won’t have to go through all that! Hoping to go for a run with my girl tomorrow and a bit of meditation too.

I will say hi to the sea for you! 😀 xx

Ps I’m Indielass00 if you tag that I will get it. Only just realised the other day the difference ☺️

Oldfloss profile image

Oh gosh... ! Well, try to not over-worry until you know what is what!! Easier said than done I know... xxxTry to enjoy your run with your girl and just take that time to refresh and recharge:) Let us know how it goes, please... I am just bobbing out now too xxx

Have a good run! xx

Oldfloss profile image

I did...did you,? Xx

Yes thanks. My boy much better today too 👍🏻 Xx

Oldfloss profile image

I am so glad.. we would do anything to take the hurt away from them.. Fingers crossed , he heals fully xxx

Roxdog profile image
RoxdogGraduate

Late to the party I'm afraid. Lovely to read all the posts in the thread, and very inspiring to see the resilience from those facing challenges.So I'm back up to 2 runs a week, which is my aim. I need a bit if a plan, so am going to gradually increase the length of my 'long' run and try some shorter fartlek runs. Such a relief that it's drier now. That wet weather was relentless!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Roxdog

It's never too late though, and great to hear that you are back up to your two runs:)The weather has not been particularly friendly to a lot of us! I have no ice today! That is a plus... but my run is tomorrow.

I too, am going to increase my run length.. only back up to 3K currently!!!

Hope all goes well for you with your plan! Let us know please:)

Found my cushion Floss, it was under my knitting😉More grandmothering being done than anything else at the moment, but as you know I'm loving it.💙

Not feeling the urge to go out in the cold to run, I am sticking to daily YWA ( agree with earlier posters this month's 30 days is quite hard work) and going for walks.

I do love this cosy corner, and catching up with everyone's news is inspiring.

I am humbled and in awe of the resourcefulness and determination of all.

Next month is in sight..🙏xxx

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Bluebirdrunner

It is indeed.. awesome Granny Janny !!You will have plenty of action as the youngster finds his feet!!! You are not missing a lot with some if this weather and I know that your Yoga is really keeping you physically and mentally in top shape:)

I agree; the folk here on the forums are inspirational and I know that when I am feeling a tad under par, I only have to read their posts and blogs to feel a lot more motivated!

Spring is surely on the way... :)

x

Jell6 profile image
Jell6Graduate

Well, I was doing pretty well the last couple of weeks until yesterday I tested positive for Covid-19 again 😭. It's getting on for 2 years since I last had it, but I'm hoping that that, plus being triple jabbed will make it a less awful experience. 😖

BluebirdrunnerGraduate in reply to Jell6

Hope you are soon better🤞Jell 😙xxx

Jell6 profile image
Jell6Graduate in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Thank you Bbr😘

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Jell6

Blinking heck! Not good.. I really hope you feel better soon...take care and rest up xxx

Lablove profile image
LabloveGraduate

So, feeling quite pleased with myself. 3 runs, completed week 6 today and Marshall at parkrun. Dipping into strength and flex too.

Oldfloss profile image

This is great news. Really well done to you! Xx

Mum22boys profile image
Mum22boysGraduate

Just putting this out there... plan to do my first run of the year tomorrow after dropped the smallest at nursery.... don't know where or what yet but that's the plan 🤞

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Mum22boys

Just go... no pressure... just run and enjoy xxx

Mum22boys profile image
Mum22boysGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Run done 😁 did run 1 of week 5, because I just need some structure. It felt so good to be back out 🏃‍♀️

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Mum22boys

Yesyyyyy...Go you, that is wonderful .Well done.Last post for Catch up Corner January, coming tomorrow...

February Catch-up...next Wednesday!!!!!

Xxx

Shout out to Irish-John hope you are ok, we haven't heard from you in a while.🤗

Didn't think you will mind Floss, just reaching out to our good friend....

Stop and say hello John if you see this❤

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️xxx

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Gosh yes!!! It has been a long while!!

You may also like...