yet another technical question: Hi all. can... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

117,103 members148,421 posts

yet another technical question

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate

Hi all. can someone ( ie Rosabi !! LOL) tell me how to take a screen shot on an android phone so when the magical time comes I can post the winning screen please.

22 Replies
Chrimson51
Chrimson51Graduate

On my Android phone (Samsung), I have to press the power button and the volume button at the same time. (they are next each other) x

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Chrimson51

thank you

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator

Hi! 😃

Try pushing the power and the volume down buttons simultaneously xx

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to roseabi

thank you

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate

I used to have to press the power AND volume button to get a screen shot but recently after one of those upgrades you get from time to time I only need to press the power button for 2 seconds and 3 prompts come up, 1 Restart, 2 Power off and 3, screen shot.

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to AlMorr

Oh good point - much easier!

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to AlMorr

thank you Almorr. Following your info, I checked the settings and it tells me I have the most up to date version 8, and when I press the power button, I still only get 2 options, no screen shot. Thank you for trying, but I guess I will have to use the old fashioned way!! until another update upgrades me LOL

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to Rosec25k

Oh well never mind! Did you manage to do the screenshot anyway?

Rosec25k

sorry to be so long replying, I had a phone call from a friend thanking me for her birthday present of flowers.

I tried and tried but I just cant get the two buttons to work together, it just changes the volume without offering a screen shot. I will keep perservering.

roseabi

I just had a look, and you may be able to do it by pressing three fingers on the screen.

If that doesn't work try enabling it in your settings:

To enable three-finger screenshot, go into the Moto app or if you're on an older Motorola phone find the Moto Actions menu in Settings. Turn on Three Finger Screenshot. You can tap on the description to bring up a quick animated tutorial on how to use it.

Now anytime you want to take a screenshot, simply press on the display with three fingers at the same time. The screen will flash and a screenshot editor will appear.

google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.c...

Rosec25k

some progress made. I found Actions menu and turned on 3 finger photo. I took the photo, but cant find it anywhere !!! aghhhLOL

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Rosec25k

I did it!!! thank you

Rosec25k

testing ......yesterdays run

yesterdays run
roseabi

Yay! Great stuff xxx

Rosec25k

who sa ys you cant teach old dogs !!!! LOL thanks once again

roseabi

No worries!

For future ref if you need any more help from me you can either message me via the 'Chat' icon at the top of the screen, or tag me in your post by typing @roseabi and tapping on my name in the blue list that pops up below. If done successfully the @ function will show my name highlighted in blue.

By using either of those methods I will get a message that you've contacted me 😊♥️

John_W
John_WAmbassador

What phone do you have? The method might vary from phone to phone.

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate

its a motorola . It doesnt seem to want to play ball with those 2 buttons.

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate

does it actually state it has taken a screen shot, and where would i find it on the phone- I looked in photos just in case it did it without telling me, but there is nothing there

Jell6
Jell6Graduate in reply to Rosec25k

According to Google

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Jell6

thank you very much. I found screenshots eventually!!

Vinchie13
Vinchie13Graduate

Glad you got sorted.

You may also like...