Ladies Running shorts: and in the Spring, an old... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

117,225 members148,521 posts

Ladies Running shorts

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate

and in the Spring, an old ladies thoughts turn to ......... running shorts naturally. With better weather round the corner I have been looking into buying some shorts. Why are some 2 in 1, or twin shorts - that idea looks interesting as I dont fancy the idea of loose shorts. But the main query is - does anyone know about Ronhill sizing, as when I got my trainers I was advised to go up a size, so wondered what size to go for in shorts. Particularly fancy (though no idea why!!( Ronhill Tech Marathon Twin shorts.

Any help gratefully received as always!!

18 Replies

Not sure i can help much but going up half a size in shoes helps if your feet swell and stops your toes rubbing the ends, i’m not sure about shorts, in my experience all different makes are different sizes anyway so if you can wait until shops are open you can at least see before you buy if not try on

Good luck

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to WillowandSola

yes, thanks for the good advice!!

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Rosec25k

one of the (dis)advantages of this running and tweaking diet has led to none of my skirts staying up anymore!!!!! they are all too big now!!

WillowandSola
WillowandSolaGraduate in reply to Rosec25k

Ooo lucky you, I gave up smoking last year and now my jeans won’t go up over my hips

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to WillowandSola

oh dear, did you increase sweets to compensate?? Despite losing 10kgs in weight, my tummy podge hasnt abated one iota!!

WillowandSola
WillowandSolaGraduate in reply to Rosec25k

I lost 3 inches on my waist when i did c25k and am not much bigger round the waist but another year running has added to my legs and hips and it’s not all muscle

No i didn’t increase sweets I just increased everything as it all tastes so good but i’m not huge so not getting too bothered about it until i want to wear jeans, work is leggings with scrubs over the top home is leggings and running is leggings lol

Vinchie13
Vinchie13Graduate

Hi Rosec25k good luck with your shorts shopping, I’m not a short person and prefer below the knee leggings. How’s the C25K coming along. Wish it would get warmer, grey and damp here.

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Vinchie13

yes I am usually - dont like showing off my knees!! , Ibut when it was a bit warmer a couple of days ago I got very warm very quickly and wondered about summer running overheating. Course is going very well - done W6R2 today, looking forward to going up to 25 minutes on Friday!! Yep, horrible weather at the moment - quite depressing isnt it!! we need a bit of sun shine dont we. How are getting on with your CR runs?

Vinchie13
Vinchie13Graduate in reply to Rosec25k

All going fine thanks. Is it correct you’ve lost 10kg that’s a great weight loss 😀

Rosec25k

yes, but that is from Last August. I cut out all cakes and biscuits but kept everything else (in moderation) I am addicted to like dairy products of any kind!! not good for me with high cholesterol but you have to have some pleasure in life. Anyway, dont want to lose any more, so am having 2 chocolate biscuits a week, and the odd slice of cake now!! 😀😀😀😀

Vinchie13
Vinchie13Graduate in reply to Rosec25k

That’s great news thought you’d loss it since running 🏃🏻‍♀️

Rosec25k

well yes it is cos it was August that i started round 1 and got to Week 4 repeating each week once I wasnt doing the stretches and hydration at that point and had to stop because of calf injury,. I restarted on round 2 a month later, very carefully and repeated Week 3 for the whole of January and followed all the advice this time, and now here I am at W6R3 !!! so the weight loss isnt quite so dramatic as it sounds!! I am now in my healthy BMI range, so just want to maintain fitness now.

Beach_runner
Beach_runnerGraduate

All depends on personal choice but I love BAM clothing (other bamboo brands are available!). I haven't seen any twin shorts on their website but they do have skorts. I run in both their leggings and their shorts and find them really comfortable. Size wise I find them pretty standard but they do have a sizing guide and are available in different lengths depending on how much thigh you wish to flash 😊

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Beach_runner

thank you. I will certainly have a look at them then. No thigh at all!!

Voldatort
VoldatortGraduate

I'm a fat gal and had the same thought process, after looking around I decided on a couple of skorts rather than shorts, and the underneath shorts part has a pocket for your phone. I got trekking ones because they were a bit longer, and as I'm 5ft, that's going to cover a fair bit of my thighs, hopefully 😳👍😜

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Voldatort

I had not even heard of skorts before today Lol. I will certainly investigate trekking ones as longer sounds good. Thank you for your help

Rennur
RennurGraduate

2 biscuits a week. That sounds like purgatory.

Rosec25k
Rosec25kGraduate in reply to Rennur

Ah but they are chocolate, with nuts too!!

You may also like...