I did it! Was sooo lovely to hear the firework... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

110,592 members143,143 posts

I did it! Was sooo lovely to hear the fireworks at the end of my week 9 run 3 from Sarah!

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate

So - I managed to get to the end - but its not really the end is it - its just the beginning... To celebrate my daughter sent me the attached photos which I didn't know she had taken - but I'm glad she did as it shows the before and after of my journey - and I can definitely see progress and a few less lumps and bumps ;-)

Things I have learned along the way over the past 9 weeks...

1) I am capable of more than I think!

2) I have actually managed to lose some lockdown lard ;-)

3) My head is never going to be champing at the bit to run, BUT my body seems to be more willing, so I will always need to try & override my mind & that's ok.

4) Even though I go to the loo several times before I go (TMI??) - I still think I'm going to have to go again whilst I'm running;-)

5) Their are still some lovely kind people in the world - lots on this forum who give encouragement to others & they definitely outweigh the not so kind ones...

I managed to run 3.5km this morning so my next challenge is to keep trying and to get to 5km by Christmas - not necessarily in 30 mins.... but that can be my next challenge ;-)

Happy Tuesday everyone ;-)

44 Replies
oldestnewest
Instructor57
Instructor57Graduate

Congratulations on your graduation 😁👍👏👏👏

Don't forget to claim your Graduate badge!

And yes the photos show a great achievement also ! Well done you 😬👍

JetsNanna
JetsNannaGraduate

What a lovely post to read. Well done you. You’re right - it’s a milestone in your life as a runner rather than being ‘the end’ of anything. 😉😊

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to JetsNanna

Still not sure I can call myself a runner but definitely getting better ;-)

JetsNanna
JetsNannaGraduate in reply to carolinestanford

I feel the same way - imposter syndrome. But I still keep at it. One day I’ll look athletic and have good form but for now I’ll just keep plodding away at it 😊

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to JetsNanna

made me giggle ;-)

nowster
nowsterGraduate

Congratulations! 🏃‍♀️🥂🏅🏆

And you're certainly not alone in number 4. 😉

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to nowster

Every time it happens ;-)

DorsetSloMo
DorsetSloMoGraduate

Well done, I bet you are pleased, especially with the photo evidence of the physical change the effort has made? Losing weight was one of my main motivators for starting the C25K and it worked for me too, but I only have the bathroom scales to tell me what I’ve achieved... plus the fact that some favourite old clothes now fit again properly. Keep up the running and maybe point 3 might become a healthy addiction so your mind aligns within your body. I know I’ve become a complete convert. Congratulations again 🍾🤸‍♀️

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to DorsetSloMo

Im am so pleased - i've being doing WW too since June and that's definitely helped me with the weight loss ;-) Well done you too!

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Many congratulations on your graduation, fellow runner.

This guide to post C25k running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Keep running, keep smiling.

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to IannodaTruffe

Thank you and will certainly try ;-)

Congratulations; I am happy for you and I am so looking forward to getting to the end/beginning myself. Like you, I'm not sure I will get to 5k in 30 minutes, I will try but it's not a big deal, as long as I keep running whilst improving my distance and enjoyment.

Well done! :-)

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to sticksinhand

All I wanted is to be able to run (or slog (slow jogging) as I call it for 30 mins ;-)

Lovely lovely post ! And daughters are wonderful aren’t they .

You are so right , this programme is leading us to a ‘start’ of a journey and everyone’s destinations will be a little different .

Keep going .... you are so right about about the ‘loo’ thing too 😂😂😂 you are not alone .

Very well done 🎇

Think the loo thing may be a mind over matter thing too ;-) Thank you

nowster
nowsterGraduate in reply to carolinestanford

Yes, it may actually be a stress reaction. I've had the "urgency" feeling in the middle of a run at a really hard bit, then when I get past that the feeling has faded.

CazzaW
CazzaWGraduate

Am so delighted for you Caroline, really well done 🎉

How lovely of your daughter to take the pics and so fantastic that you’re able to share them and be proud of the difference, it makes the effort all worth while. Maybe another Spa day together to celebrate when she’s next home 🍾😉

I look forward to hearing how you’re getting on from now, I think eventually running 5k will be by aim too!

Enjoy your celebrations, you deserve it 🥳xx

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to CazzaW

thank you and yes! another spa day sounds fab ;-)

Burkey46
Burkey46Graduate

So happy for you and so so proud!

Well done on finishing this chapter.

It's definitely not the end, no way 😁💪

Fab post and you're an inspiration to all of us who are following behind ❤️

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Burkey46

Aww thanks so much - you will be next! ;-)

BradC
BradCGraduate

Wow! Congratulations. 😊

Thank you ;-)

JulesL69
JulesL69Graduate

Whoop whoop 🙌🏻 AmAzing ! Super congratulations to you .. well deserved. I loved reading what you have learned over the last 9 weeks, I can relate to all !

So pleased for you 😀. Good luck on upping the pace and don’t be a stranger 😉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Pnegirl
PnegirlGraduate

A massive congratulations Caroline! I love your list of lessons learnt; a very positive way of taking stock of the 9 weeks and seeing how far you've come. I hope these points keep you smiling into the next stage of your running 😁

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Pnegirl

Thank you ;-)

Dups
DupsGraduate

That’s amazing 👏👏👏👏 you are a graduate 🎓 you look fantastic on your photos! Enjoy and celebrate a brilliant achievement 🎉🎉🥳🥳

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Dups

Thats so kind! Thank you so much ;-)

Well done it’s a massive achievement, I’m sitting here knowing I have to start week 7 after reading your story it’s give me the push

Thank you

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Mam66

If I can do it anyone can... Good luck!

VPOLLIE67
VPOLLIE67Graduate

Caroline what a total 🏃🏽‍♀️🌟 🏃🏽‍♀️🌟 🏃🏽‍♀️🌟.

Like you say, you have reached the start of something amazing!!!

Aww thx - but we have ALL reached the start of something amazing ;-)

cfwright42
cfwright42Graduate

Congratulations 🎉👍🏃‍♀️x

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to cfwright42

Thank you ;-)

Roxdog
RoxdogGraduate

Well done! Yes, this is the beginning! You say you're not ever going to be champing at the bit to run - just wait, you might be surprised how addicted you get!

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Roxdog

Hope so ;-)

Jericho2332
Jericho2332Graduate

That's awesome, well done you! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Keep it up!

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Jericho2332

Thank you - I'm going to try ;-)

Dodgylungs
DodgylungsGraduate

Well done. Beautifully described!!

thank you so much!

Imc50
Imc50Graduate

Big well dones on becoming a real runner here's to that 5k goal,👍

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Imc50

Thk you do much x I’m still smiling today

CONGRATS CAROLINE! I’m so happy for you! Can’t wait to keep up with your next two goals. Mine are exactly the same! 😃 Happy continued running 🏃‍♀️

Wardlewunner
WardlewunnerGraduate

Kudos to you. Loved reading this post.

carolinestanford
carolinestanfordGraduate in reply to Wardlewunner

Awww that’s so kind Thk you x

You may also like...