So - I managed to get to the end - but its not really the end is it - its just the beginning... To celebrate my daughter sent me the attached photos which I didn't know she had taken - but I'm glad she did as it shows the before and after of my journey - and I can definitely see progress and a few less lumps and bumps
Things I have learned along the way over the past 9 weeks...
1) I am capable of more than I think!
2) I have actually managed to lose some lockdown lard
3) My head is never going to be champing at the bit to run, BUT my body seems to be more willing, so I will always need to try & override my mind & that's ok.
4) Even though I go to the loo several times before I go (TMI??) - I still think I'm going to have to go again whilst I'm running
5) Their are still some lovely kind people in the world - lots on this forum who give encouragement to others & they definitely outweigh the not so kind ones...
I managed to run 3.5km this morning so my next challenge is to keep trying and to get to 5km by Christmas - not necessarily in 30 mins.... but that can be my next challenge
Happy Tuesday everyone