What started on Quitters day... (oh yes I did) - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
96,256 members β€’ 127,141 posts

What started on Quitters day... (oh yes I did)

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
β€’20 Replies

Seemed an auspicious day to start training. I’m overwhelmed. It’s been a tough year for all 🌎. I did it, 9.3 is done and dusted. I ached, overcame my own gremlins (@ 🐌 pace), iced, whined, heat packed, cried, and cried some more. Thank you all for listening. Sending ❀️, encouragement, and good advice from all over the world. I did it, but I did it with you.

Enough. Done. What’s next?

Queue the crazy laughing lady on the front walk.

20 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Congratulations on your graduation, fellow runner.

This guide to post C25k running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Keep running, keep smiling.

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to IannodaTruffe

Omg. I’m a real runner, not just a β€œplays one on tv”. Whoop!

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate

You look delighted and so happy in that photograph, no wonder with all the bad news there is just now, congratulations on completing and graduating from C25K πŸŽ“ πŸƒπŸΎ πŸ‘

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to AlMorr

Thanks Al. I refused to change my out of my kit until I saw the graduate on my name. Ian thought he might be out of them today, as so many people are graduating πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ₯³. Luckily he found a shiny spare.

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate
in reply to dieOR5k

πŸ‘ πŸƒπŸΎ 😊 πŸŽ“

Hiya, you have inspired me honey. I will go for run 1 tomorrow..🌞

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to mattymoo33

You do that, slowly. I started with no gear, used eBay shoes and a hand-me-down treadmill. I’m over 50, overweight, incontinent, and hadn’t exercised in years. If I can, you can. We’re all here to help you.

mattymoo33
mattymoo33
in reply to dieOR5k

Thanks honey 😘 xx

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate

πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‡Congratulations and what a fab photo! Brilliant achievement dieOR5k!

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to Delly-dot

Thanks DD. Bloody mindedness and support work wonders.

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate

Danke Della-dot. It’s so much fun to post on the grad post and see how many have done this for themselves, before me. You included πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ“.

Well done! What a great photo. You look elated. And rightly so

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Well... they’re gonna need to rename quitters day now. Congratulations. First celebration is called for... then consolidation is the best way to go before going on to enjoy your next running adventure

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

I’m not famous for sticking to an exercise regime. But am for 🍰. I just couldn’t stay in that body one more minute and quitters day seemed appropriate.

Amazing, well done dieOR5k, that's brilliant and an excellent use of your allotted 1 session of exercise for the day πŸ˜„

Huge congratulations, have a (digital) confetti cannon to celebrate πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Happy running πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’πŸ₯‚

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate

Thank you FRB. It is a lovely accomplishment. I saw how many runners finished in the March grad post, and was honored to be in their company.

Fantastic achievement

Wonda1
Wonda1Graduate

Excellent well done I'm in w8 and already wondering how to keep myself motivated to keep doing the runs once finished. Maybe I'll make myself a star chart πŸ˜‚

dieOR5k
dieOR5kGraduate
in reply to Wonda1

I just want a few unscripted runs just to see what it feels like. After that I’ll do several of the C25K+ podcasts (no app) to transition. Good running Wonda1 πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ™

Nilsam
NilsamGraduate

So so pleased for you, dieOR5k. What a fantastic post. Congratulations. Well done, happy running πŸ˜ŽπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

You may also like...