Week 9 Run 3 😁: Longish post alert! Tee hee... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
84,506 members β€’ 116,237 posts

Week 9 Run 3 😁

Longish post alert! Tee hee - I’ve only gone and done it folks! Another 30 minutes under my belt. And at a Park Run too! So 5 minutes walk, 30 minutes run and brisk walked the rest of the way home. Well wouldn’t you - it was blowing 47-48mph on our seafront today!! It was hard work in that wind but I’M A GRADUATE - and I’ve never been one of those before! I can’t stop grinning!With huge thanks to Dexy5 who joffled with me all the way and to Up The Stanley who did his run and came back to run in with us. To all this week’s graduates- congratulations, we did it! And to all of you who’ve taken the trouble to respond to my posts - a massive thank you, you’re brilliant! Right, consolidation here we come!

57 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Congratulations Oldgirlruns, it was a pleasure to run with you today and share your graduation run with you. That is probably the hardest parkrun you will ever do and you got a parkrun PB. You are a star and it may be sometime before your feet touch the ground. πŸ’¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸ•πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸ©β­οΈβš‘οΈπŸ’₯πŸŽ“β˜•οΈπŸΎπŸ₯‚

4 likes

TY Dexy, tee hee!!

Congratulations on completing C25K with week 9 run 3 and graduating at a windy seafront parkrun. 😊 πŸƒ πŸŽ“

To get your graduation badge and the word GRADUATE πŸŽ“ next to your username leave a message on the August graduation Healthunlocked C25K home page and tell the administrators that you have ran W9R3 of C25K and graduated πŸŽ“ πŸƒ 😊

Thank you AlMorr - Dexy presented me with a badge when I finished and I’ll be applying for my Graduate tag any minute now!!

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25k running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Keep running, keep smiling.

Thank you kind Sir - I plan to do both!!

Congratulations πŸ₯³

Well done πŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you - it’s a great feeling!

Certainly is, enjoy, smile and celebrate πŸŽ‰

Amazing achievement.

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ˜€

I’m so pleased for you. Congratulations and well done πŸ‘ x

Thank you - won’t be doing much else today!!

Great well done, have a virtual drink on me.🍾

Thank you hamit- I might just do that!

1 like

Excellent news! I watched β€˜runners β€˜ coming back from our local park run this morning and thought β€˜one day that will be me’ and your post has really inspired me to keep going! I’m onto week 2 run 2 later today. Long way to go but you have proven that it’s all possible - one day soon I will do a park run!!!

1 like

Thank you- I walked my first one as a tail walker then did another one as a walk/run - the goal is to complete one non-stop running!

Really pleased for you - very well done and we both graduated in the same week too πŸ‘πŸ». Onwards and upwards x

Thank you CAFC - yes there have been about a dozen graduates this week. Well done us!

Brilliant, well done you and congratulations 🎊 πŸŽ‰ 🎈 πŸƒ πŸŽ“ πŸ₯‰ πŸ† for your graduation and for your Parkrun!

Thank you Debston - will be hitting the sofa this afternoon as a treat!

1 like

Huge well done you!

Thank you Oldfloss - feeling chuffed!πŸ˜€

You should..you did absolutely brilliantly...and what a run it was!!

PS

This is not a long post....check mine..🀣

1 like

πŸ˜‚

Congratulations! Fantastic achievement against the wind. (There’s a song there somewhere.) Keep up the posts. Always entertaining and inspirational.

Thank you P-l, the wind added an interesting dimension! I’ll keep posting- so much goodness here, it’s mad not to!

1 like

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‰βœ¨ Go get that graduate badge Oldgirlruns! Great news!

Fantastic, well done!!! So inspired to keep going when I read posts like this πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you Jazzyrunner! I’m the classic β€œIf I can do this, anyone can”! Trust the plan and you can do it!

1 like

It’s a brilliant programme isn’t it?! I’m putting my faith in it!

1 like

Woooo, congrats! I haven't dared try a park run yet, but hoping to in Sep

Thank you ag! Well I had done a couple before as walks - Running is very different(!) and I now have to work on running the whole thing! But we’ll get there one day!

That we will!

1 like

Congratulations on completing c25k you must be so pleased well done. Just seen your photo posted πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you Buddy! Trouble is, I don’t think I look any better in a β€˜normal’ photo!!

You look great . That photo shows what great effort looks like. I still look like a really red tomato after every run even in the winter πŸ˜‚

Tomatoes are good!

1 like

Congratulations! Great way to graduate, enjoy the feeling of accomplishment. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Thank you Zebadee - yes I’m still buzzing!

1 like

Many congratulations Oldgirlruns - what a fantastic achievement! It’s so completely amazing how transformational c25k is! Well done you - keep that grin going! πŸ’ͺπŸŽ‰πŸ†πŸ…! x

Thank you DiscoRunner! JSR was a huge incentive, so thank you for that!

1 like

A pleasure!

1 like

Congratulations such an achievement and I saw the happy photo.

Thank you Sola, think I’m finally back to my normal colour now!

1 like

It was a wild day for a run and graduation so special because it means you got there

1 like

Congratulations on a super Graduation run! Well done you!😊xxx

Thank you so much Bbr - hope my next parkrun will be less windy! Looking forward to my consolidation runs (where did that come from?!).

It comes with your badge!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

πŸ˜‚

Very well done. Wish I had known you were braving the elements, I would have come down to support. See you next week. I promise it will be easier from now on.

Yes, I’m sorry - I said I’d message and I forgot. I’ll be doing it again in a few weeks - once I’ve consolidated and can run the whole thing! Enjoyed my brekkie afterwards that’s for sure!

1 like

Superb! Keep grinning πŸ₯‡πŸ‘πŸ˜

Congratulations OGR! And thanks again for all the support you provided me on the way to my first ParkRun PB. too. Great feeling isn’t it?

I was a marshal at a local PR today and can sympathise if your wind and rain was anything like ours. Really well done. Now consolidate and keep up the good work!

Massive congrats on your graduation....bit late to the party sorry...havent been around much lately. Im sure that while looking at posts when i couldnt sleep i saw a picture of you on someone else` post.

Yes you did, my very good friend Dexy5 did a couple of lovely posts on the Couch and Bridge sites - she joffled with me for my graduation run and I think is still suffering from the shock of realising just how slow my Slow Running is! But we had a good time and finished with our usual post parkrun (I’m a regular volunteer) breakfast (with Up The Stanley, natch!)...

Fantastic....they are great pics top..hope your still on your high

Sort of - consolidation runs seem a lot harder somehow!

You may also like...