Well I didn’t expect that!: Have been extending... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

121,447 members151,828 posts

Well I didn’t expect that!

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate

Have been extending my runs over the last few weeks n got up to 40 minutes n around 1.8 miles of actual running, so after 4 rest days thanks to the ridiculous amount of rain I decided to just run with no goal in mind n if I felt ok after 15 minutes I’d carry on to 20 before I turned round

Well it felt great, my pace felt a little faster but very steady and easy so I decided on 20 minutes out n I’d see how I felt on the way back n stop when I felt like it

So I’m sure you can imagine my surprise when the 20 minute audio cue announced ‘Distance 1 mile’!!! I was not expecting that at all!

Even on the way back my pace was so steady that it was exactly the same on every cue. All in all I ran 2.01 miles n I could’ve gone for longer!

I’m absolutely chuffed to bits!! 😃😃😃

10 Replies
Pianism profile image
PianismGraduate

Well done! It's amazing how things carry on improving even if it feels like you're just doing the same as always. :)

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Pianism

Definitely! I’d never had dreamed I could run 2 miles, let alone in that time when I first started C25k

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Very well done you!

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Thanks! 😄

backintime profile image
backintimeGraduate

Well done ! You found your happy place !

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to backintime

I sure did! I love it 🥰

MarkyD profile image
MarkyDGraduate

That's great.

Your body has benefitted from a 4-day rest.

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to MarkyD

Definitely, I expected it’d be a better run but not that big an improvement 😂

It’s amazing what you can achieve when you give yourself permission to achieve nothing, isn’t it?!! I’m sure there’s an old proverb in there somewhere! Well done you!! X x

SeeJillRun profile image
SeeJillRunGraduate in reply to Kertesz

Isn’t it!! Might have to do it more often if that’s what happens 😂 Thanks and good luck for Monday! Xx

You may also like...